persistence finally payed off

TriRan

i think my internet is finally fixed, after cox tech #8 visited my house i've finally got a stable connection and my signals still look pretty good.

persistence is key, it's taken me a little over 3 months now to get my internet fixed, a lot of hours on the phone and 8 techs and 3 maintenance techs visiting my house / neighborhood.

i've had a stable connection for the last 4 days and my signals are below

This page provides information about the current upstream and downstream signal status of your Cable Modem.

Downstream Bonding Channel Value

Channel ID 193 194 195 196

Frequency 843000000 Hz 849000000 Hz 855000000 Hz 861000000 Hz

Signal to Noise Ratio 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB

Downstream Modulation QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256

Power Level

The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

-4 dBmV -3 dBmV -3 dBmV -4 dBmV

Upstream Bonding Channel Value

Channel ID 2

Frequency 29600000 Hz

Ranging Service ID 5084

Symbol Rate 5.120 Msym/sec

Power Level 47 dBmV

Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK

[3] 64QAM

Ranging Status Success

Signal Stats (Codewords) Bonding Channel Value

Channel ID 193 194 195 196

Total Unerrored Codewords 10994290 10994676 10994942 10995031

Total Correctable Codewords 53 0 1 0

Total Uncorrectable Codewords 2207 1517 1389 1455

3jcWJw7.UyE7tbx.png

also these speeds are over my wifi connection, wired i'm sure the stats will be even better

thanks for all the help and tips

~ Triran

i think my internet is finally fixed, after cox tech #8 visited my house i've finally got a stable connection and my signals still look pretty good.

persistence is key, it's taken me a little over 3 months now to get my internet fixed, a lot of hours on the phone and 8 techs and 3 maintenance techs visiting my house / neighborhood.

i've had a stable connection for the last 4 days and my signals are below

{condensed}

3jcWJw7.UyE7tbx.png

also these speeds are over my wifi connection, wired i'm sure the stats will be even better

thanks for all the help and tips

~ Triran

That's awesome! Glad to hear it. I know you've had a hell of a time getting that dialed in. Cox should be embarrassed that it took that long to get it right. They've given you a bunch of free months though, right? One extra thing you can do is send a letter or email to them. Let them know how many attempts it took and how much it inconvenienced you. I guarantee you that they'll give you something extra to say sorry. ;)

You had a pretty deep dips in performance >> https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=06142011&x=240&m=2&l=1000&q=triran then compare that to mine (for those who don't know I have the same Cox.net in Phx AZ 50/5 -- same exact modem.. nearly identical setup...) >> https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=06142011&x=30&m=2&l=1000&q=CA3LE(I have dips in my connection also but they are mostly because I'm testing the site... I can only remember a handful of times this year that my connection wasn't running at 100% or higher)

I'm glad that my website could play a role in helping you get what you're paying for. Make sure you tell your friends... you know... if internet testing ever pops up in a conversation or something :evil6:

Damn, now you've got me beat by a hair (also on WiFi 802.11n)

Dr59eQq.s6tDV3d.png

lol yes i was comp'd 2 free months of service which are still in effect and i plan to, i have the phone # for the last tech who visited i plan on calling him and thanking him and then calling the regional mgr and telling them how unhappy i am that it took so long to fix. this last tech replaced fittings that he said looked fine but he replaced them anyways and thats all he did

and all my co-workers and my friends already know about this site haha i always tell them to test here

and all my co-workers and my friends already know about this site haha i always tell them to test here

Thanks man... damn it, I forgot to knock on wood. All of a sudden my upload crapped out. ...real bad

8XpxwI4.png

... let's see if a modem reboot fixes it. brb

:wtf:

ykSGqR2.png

It's cutting in and out. I do allot of uploading while I work... so this really effects me. Download is nearly unaffected.

RGAQtHN.png

But I'm getting a delay in requests... which is very annoying. I bet it will work itself out. It better, because I can't work like this.