Qwest/CenturyLink 40/20 Service

I'm a Qwest Broadband Technician in Colorado and am currently on their measly 1.5Mbps connection. I moved here not too long ago from NJ and there I had a 15/3 connection, so I've been biting my tongue as I waited for the Fiber VDSL to get fired up, and finally it did. I just put in my order (I might actually be the installer, lol) for their new 40/20 service.

Here's my current speed test:

:::.. Combined Test Results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1333 Kbps about 1.3 Mbps (tested with 2 MB)

Download Speed is:: 167 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 735 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 1.5 MB)

Upload Speed is:: 92 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Dallas, TX USA)

Test Time:: 2011-06-18 00:21:19

Validation:: https://testmy.net/db/QTCupbn.9nVyCJ5

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0) [!]

The install should take place on the 20th of June, so I'll report back ASAP. Can't wait!!!

PS: No Qwest sub-forum? Guess it doesn't matter since Qwest is now Century Link. . .

I had Qwest 40/20 for about a year or so. I was very happy with it.

Here's some stats from when I had it. (there are some mobile results in there... this was taken before those were able to be filtered out)

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=07012010&x=365&m=2&l=50&q=CA3LE

You'll love it. Especially in comparison to what you have.

Post your speeds after your upgrade. ;)

Qwest is now CenturyLink so I'll be listing all there stuff as CenturyLink. I could have sworn that I had a Qwest forum that I hadn't converted over... oh well. Your post is in the right place. :-D

Welcome to the site!

Oops, my order isn't till next Monday, the 27th. I gave my boss my C order number today so we can push it ahead and he said it wasn't in the WAFA system just yet, so we'll keep checking.

CA3LE, how was your latency? My latency to gaming servers is about 80-130 (and most websites it's 80-100), which is really pathetic IMO. Like I said, in NJ I had Optimum Online and would often get 8-15ms to east coast servers. I'm hoping VDSL technology is much quicker, I should've asked a broadband tech at work today.

Also, were you able to apply any useful tweaks to your 40/20? I'm running Windows 7, I read somewhere that Windows 7 is pretty tweaked from the start, is that true?

I'll post the test results ASAP, can't wait!!!!

Nope... if you're getting those speeds here, your doing awesome. Unlike cable providers, dsl providers tend to run below advertised. From those numbers, you look like you're rockin' and rollin' now. That's about what I got on average with the same package in Phoenix, AZ.

What part of Colorado? That was Qwest's home turf so they always deliver it right out there.

(Sorry, on my phone)

By Nope I mean I had nothing tweaked. Just a properly configured network.

ewkoDhg.dgwlKDa.png

Greeley.

My box was fired up Friday, so it's spankin new install. We've got a good half of Greeley covered with another 6-8 boxes getting upgraded or new DSLAMs very soon.

I still remember when I went from 56k to Optimum Online, I went from gaming for years with 180+ ping and 30+ minute song downloads to 1.3MB/s over night, totally insane. This is on par, can't wait to torrent up and share like a maniac :twisted: