Registration confirmation email SMTP bugs

I had to use a yahoo account to register because the confirmation email comes from a misconfigured mailserver. Here are the exim error messages from my mail server for the account I originally tried to register with:

2011-06-20 04:39:30 no IP address found for host testmynet.theplanet.host (during SMTP connection from 8a.bb.78ae.static.theplanet.com (testmynet.theplanet.host) [174.120.187.138])

2011-06-20 04:39:36 H=8a.bb.78ae.static.theplanet.com (testmynet.theplanet.host) [174.120.187.138] Warning: remote host presented unverifiable HELO/EHLO

2011-06-20 04:39:36 H=8a.bb.78ae.static.theplanet.com (testmynet.theplanet.host) [174.120.187.138] sender verify fail for <tmn@testmynet.theplanet.host>: Unrouteable address

2011-06-20 04:39:36 H=8a.bb.78ae.static.theplanet.com (testmynet.theplanet.host) [174.120.187.138] F=<tmn@testmynet.theplanet.host> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: Sender verify failed

There are multiple problems with the session which an experienced mail server admin should see right away. For starters, there is no such domain as .host, then it appears that the sender verify is failing, possibly because of the .host issue, which is likely a typo.

Also, this forum appears to be the only way to get feedback to the website admins about site bugs. The old site had a contact form which doesn't work anymore because the new login doesn't work on the old site and the old site registration redirects to the new site redirection.

Also, this forum appears to be the only way to get feedback to the website admins about site bugs. The old site had a contact form which doesn't work anymore because the new login doesn't work on the old site and the old site registration redirects to the new site redirection.

https://testmy.net/ipb/forum/150-v117-bug-reporting/

https://testmy.net/ipb/forum/161-forum-bug-reporting/

https://testmy.net/ipb/forum/9-got-any-ideas-to-make-testmynet-better/

He posted in multiple locations. Just wanted to make sure we got his message. Sometimes people don't realize that their post won't show until it's approved so they keep trying to post it. For some reason people don't seem to notice the... notice... :-P I think I need to make it more obvious or something.

... by the way, once you've been approved you can post like normal. I'm sorry to say that we have to take steps to make sure that our forum contains zero spam... hopefully this is 100% automated soon. Getting closer. ;)