LCD LED Plasma ...

mudmanc4

Being forced , and I mean that in the fullest extent to look at a TV made within the last ten years, why? Maybe because the office is filled with everything a body needs to get through the day, yet during TV night , theres a 25 " tube sitting there. I say so what, it's HD and it works perfect, but others seem to have , well , other plans.

It's a waste of money in my eyes for several reasons , but if your on the net much , you know that the world will end in 2012 , and or the new world order will come and take everything we have, and or , the TV will be shut down long side the power and the internet and food . So why buy something now ? lol

I'm fairly familiar with the types of models that can be had , and have done quite a bit of reading ( way too much if I'm asked ) on whats the best for this and that , best picture best sound best toaster oven....... wait , thats another thing. Damn chain browsing.....

I've seen prices from 300-5000. I'm somewhere in between , towards the floor model and something that can be networked so i can stream my stash of vids and music, stream live internet TV ( browser ) . Doesnt have to be gigahuge , maybe 30 or so, but 1920x1080 is a minimum.

Suggestions and experience is key in this endeavor if anyone has any....

I kinda said the same thing in the thread about monitors. Me thinks this would apply here as well. You can read,Do the Research All that good stuff. Head to the store, Look at them in person. If your luck is anything Like mine. No matter what you go with. A newer cheaper better model will come out 6 months after you buy this one. :)

I kinda said the same thing in the thread about monitors. Me thinks this would apply here as well. You can read,Do the Research All that good stuff. Head to the store, Look at them in person. If your luck is anything Like mine. No matter what you go with. A newer cheaper better model will come out 6 months after you buy this one. :)

I know dammit ! lol same as always , buy it today , it's old news tomorrow. But honestly , I keep things like that until there's no life left in there lol

There are just too damn many to look at , it's disgusting really. So far I've come to the conclusion that I have to decide what I will be paying , then go looking in that price range you know.

I'll likely take a while to decide , although the wife is bustin my ballz to get one , so the boy can take this other one to the family room for gaming.

$899.99 + $0 Tax + Free S&H = $899.99 (well that was self explanatory!)

General

Brand

Toshiba

Model

32TL515U

Cabinet Color

Black

Panel

Screen Size

32" Class (31.55" Diag.)

Recommended Resolution

1080p

Maximum Resolution

1920 x 1080

Aspect Ratio

16:9

Panel

CineSpeed Plus LED Panel

Refresh Rate

240Hz

Video

3-D Ready

Yes

Support Video Signal

1080i/p, 720p, 480i/p

Audio

Speaker Location

Bottom

Output Power

10W + 10W

Connectivity

HDMI

4 (w/ CEC)

PC Input

Hi-Res PC Input

LAN

RJ45 Ethernet Port

Wireless

Built-in WiFi

USB

2 (Video, Music and Photo)

Composite A/V

2 In

Component Video

1 In

Other Connectors

RS-232 Ready

Power

Energy Star Compliant

Yes

Convenience

VESA

200mm x 200mm

Stand

Swivel Stand

Remote Control

Illuminated Remote

Feature

Feature

Hairline Finish w/ Chrome Trim, Ultra Slim Depth

ClearScan 240Hz

Backlight Control: Local Dimming

Natural (Passive) 3D

Tri Vector (2D to 3D Conversion)

3D Resolution+

CEVO Engine

AutoView (Ambient Light Sensor)

Gaming Mode

Expert Mode

Net TV w/Yahoo Widgets

Skype Video Phone Capable

Voice Control Capable

DLNA Certified

Horizon Motion GUI

Audessey EQ Sound (Enhancement Circuitry)

Dimensions & Weight

Dimensions With Stand

30.75" x 21.97" x 9.45" (W x H x D)

Dimensions Without Stand

30.75" x 19.21" x 1.34" (W x H x D)

Weight With Stand

25.35 lbs.

Weight Without Stand

20.06 lbs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889253279

+ this

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=catalog&mainItemId=12

with this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136792

IMHO I always thought it was best to buy Stuff Like T.Vs and Monitors at a local store. Most store anymore will beat online deals. If there is a problem you just take it back to the store without the hassle of shipping it. Plus always a good Idea to support local business when you can.

Crud. Could not edit my last post. Any who. When I Did find the monitor I wanted. I did check reviews and such about it first. Checked out a few sites, Took in all the reviews, Then went with it. Oh if its a Expensive T.V. And you have kids, Google T.V. Armor. Got mine the second day I got this new T.V. Has saved the T.V. more than a few times. Flying toys. GF and the Vacum Cleaner. While I can never be sure the Toy or GF would of been the shot that got the screen, I like to think it would of. And my investment just paid for itself.

alucard that sounds close to what I'm looking for , not that I want to spend a grand , but for what I'm looking for there's not much other option money wise is there ?

And I'll likely buy local here I'm sure this guy ( where we've gotten everything for nearly 20 years ) will be able to get or has whatever I end up choosing.

I seriously appreciate any and all you guys comments and suggestions , I hate << and when is the last time anyone here read me writing that word ? I hate going in to buy something I know nothing about , just " feels " strange. And on the fly , you can't really make an educated decision , you have to know what it is exactly your looking for and what it is your paying.

Off to read the reviews !

No your exactly right ninja !

Now that Iv'e familiarized myself a little bit I'm more prepared to ask , as well as decide what it is that I do want out of one. And that is precisely how the sales people treat you in the store ( the link I gave ) , they don't rush up to you, they don't try and sell you anything , never have. They wait for you to ask them , if you go in expecting anything else , you'll leave with out ever being approached.

alucard that sounds close to what I'm looking for , not that I want to spend a grand , but for what I'm looking for there's not much other option money wise is there ?

i kinda geeked those option for the tv(things i would want ect ect).

I can find cheaper if you like!

ok i found this :angry: Sony :angry:

$598.00 i cant tell S&H now due to it being temp out of stock

General

Brand

Sony

Model

NSX-32GT1

Cabinet Color

High Gloss Black

Panel

Screen Size

32"

Recommended Resolution

1080p

Maximum Resolution

1920 x 1080

Aspect Ratio

16:9

LED Technology

Edgelit

Viewing Angle

178°(H) / 178°(V)

Refresh Rate

60Hz

Video

User Settings

Backlight Off Mode, Dynamic Backlight Control, Eco Settings, Power Saving Modes

Wide Mode: Smart, 4:3, Wide, Zoom

V-Chip

Yes

Tuner

ATSC/NTSC/QAM Tuner

Enhanced Motion

24p True Cinema Technology, 3D Comb Filter, Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE), CineMotion/Film Mode/Cinema Drive, ID-1 Detection, MPEG Noise Reduction, Noise Reduction, Picture Adjustments Lock, Picture Parameter Adjustment, White Balance

Picture Mode: Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema, Graphics

Support Video Signal

1080i/p, 720p, 480i/p

Audio

Output Power

10W + 10W

Connectivity

HDMI

4 In

LAN

Ethernet In

Wireless

802.11 a/b/g/n

USB

Headphone

1 Out

Composite A/V

1 In

Component Video

1 In

Digital Audio

1 Optical Out

Front/Side Inputs

Side

Other Connectors

AC Power: 1 (Rear)

IR Blaster: 2 (Rear)

Power

Energy Star Compliant

Yes

Power Supply

AC 120V, 60Hz

Power Consumption

85 W

Convenience

Stand

Stand Tilt Range: 0/6

Internet Connection

Wired / Wireless

Widgets

IP Network Update

Google TV Features:

Android Market (Coming Early 2011)

Home Screen

Notifications

Quick Search Box

Task Switcher

Web Browser

Window Manager

Remote Control

RF Remote Control (NSG-MR1)

Feature

Feature

Audio Return Channel

One touch Play

Remote Control Pass Through (for Disc Player App.)

System Audio Control

System Standby

LightSensor Technology

Auto CC on Mute

Channel Block (with password) (for ATSC)

Channel List

Channel Surf

Closed Captions (CC)

Info Banner

On/Off Timer

Online Instruction Manual

Program Block (for ATSC)

Show/Hide Channels

Sleep Timer

TV Guide On Screen / EPG (for ATSC)

Initial Setup

Wifi Settings (WPS)

Auto Shut off

Idle TV Standby

Quick Power On (Quick Start)

Screen Saver

Audio DAC: 48kHz/24bit

HDMI InstaPort

IP Control (MDCP) (DVR/STB)

IR Blaster Control (DVR/STB/BD/DVD/AUDIO)

Input Skip (Automatic)

On-Screen Display for External Input

5.1ch Through Out (Handycam)

Digital Amplifier: S-Master Digital Amplifier

Sound Mode: Dynamic, Standard, Clear Voice

HDMI Audio Input Signals: Dolby Digital bit-stream, LPCM 2ch (Up to 48kHz)

Photo Playback Control: Rotation, Slide Show Playback

Media Player Supported File Format: AAC/MPEG4-AAC, GIF, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, JPEG, MP3, PNG

Video/Music Playback Control: PREV/NEXT, Play / Stop / Pause, REV/ FWD, Repeat (All/1title)

Indicator: Picture Off, Power, Standby, Timer

Media Player Playback (Video/Photo/Music):

DLNA (DMP): Photo

UPnP Client: Video/Music/Photo

USB: USB Mass Storage Class

Built-in Devices:

Built-in Storage: 8GB

RF (for Input Devices)

Dimensions & Weight

Dimensions With Stand

30.25" x 20.13" x 7.75"

Dimensions Without Stand

30.25" x 19" x 2.25"

Weight With Stand

29.2 lbs.

Weight Without Stand

26.1 lbs.

Manufacturer Warranty

Labor

1 year limited

Parts

1 year limited

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889252117

Cheers Tommie, look around learn the market. Then if a sale comes along you will know if its an opportunity to buy. My Dad was looking at computer monitors for a few months then a Fry's Electronics anniversary sale advertised a lg e2260 at 70-60% of retail price. No more 50 pound, two foot deep monitor sitting on this desk, hoorah!

Its your call deciding if this falls into the "must have" or "would be nice" categories. The new screens have to use less power then the projection heavy weight design. Who would scrap (harvest) your old tv?

Edited by Blako

I'll likely wait for sure, as has been stated , this TV thing is in the category of " whatever ". After the spasdic people run out and buy up billions in plastic / electronic trash, mostly because they want there inside house to look like someone else's, then wait for the returns and open box sales.

As for the tube TV , it has a great picture, it'll be in the boys game room to live out the rest of it's years. Which could be two , or more then ten lol