Please, enlighten me

water

Ok, i really don't get it. Maybe I am getting old. E Brown will probably disown me for my opinion here, but WTH is so great about twitter? We can send our feelings out to the entire internet? Really? And that does what for you?

Help? Someone enlighten me?

i don't have a clue about twitter...

i do have a facebook tho...i mainly use it to share photos and events with family and keep in touch with old high school friends and out of state family...

but i'm with ya on the "sharing feelings with the entire internet" so silly...

btw...welcome back...it was gettin mighty lonley being the only va jay jay around here...i missed you :smitten:

i don't have a clue about twitter...

i do have a facebook tho...i mainly use it to share photos and events with family and keep in touch with old high school friends and out of state family...

but i'm with ya on the "sharing feelings with the entire internet" so silly...

btw...welcome back...it was gettin mighty lonley being the only va jay jay around here...i missed you :smitten:

dos va jay jay now hmmm? *snicker*

Does anyone have a valid reason why we should even have created twitter?

Ok, i really don't get it. Maybe I am getting old. E Brown will probably disown me for my opinion here, but WTH is so great about twitter? We can send our feelings out to the entire internet? Really? And that does what for you?

Help? Someone enlighten me?

dos va jay jay now hmmm? *snicker*

Does anyone have a valid reason why we should even have created twitter?

Haha :2funny:

I know what you mean. I think twitter is more for famous people. Stupid if you ask me. "UPDATE: I'm eating a banana split!" -- "NEWS FLASH: I just farted!" --- "THIS JUST IN: Studies show that twitter is for douche bags and narcissists!"

I made an account only because I wanted to integrate my login and sharing with them... I use it to test and make sure things are working. Beyond that... I don't get it either. These kids and their rock and roll! :headbang:

I don't even understand following stuff on there. I gave it a chance, tried for like a day but I don't find anyone interesting enough to give a shit what they're doing... If I cared what was on Lady Gaga's mind... I'd buy her albums. :whaa:

--- TWIT UPDATE: I wasted part of my life on twitter and gained ZERO knowledge! POINTLESS!

But I guess it's entertainment... somehow... to some people. Not my cup of tea really.

twitter if for attention whores simply put!

I have a pic that defines that perfectly but im sure it will be taken down before i even post it.

As for Facebook, i wish it would go back to being meant for "College Students Only" !!!!

Now everyone and there damn great great great grandmother is on it. It was once clean with basic info, right to the point.

Now we have what fucking farm-ville, and some mafia wars crap all over the front page. People with huge friends list, who the hell has more then 200 friends?

And im pretty sure these are the same people who use to kick your ass in HS or college. Yet its cool since we are friends on FB now. Fuck that if i didn't want to talk to you then,

i sure as hell don't want to talk to you now. Also FFS learn how to use the privacy settings. If you don't want your teacher or parents know about your drunk orgy at college then don't post about it or show off the pics!

End Rant

If you want to see me, check the pic section in this forum. If you want more you have to request. I don't waste time on twitter, face book, my space. IMO they are all a waste of time and resources. I share with only who I wish to share with. The rest don't really matter, what do I want somebody across the world to see me? My friends get all the pics they wish. :smiley6600: And I have a few.

Answer is advertising. Maybe not what it was intended for , none the less , traditional TV is gone off the deep end to the abyss . So internet advertising and " broadcasts " are on the rise.

Really , thinking of twitter and apps of the likes , well into he future , everyone connected instantaneously , no human can absorb all that data right , so we can only come to the conclusion that these tweets are being stored somewhere and cataloged. Gives social temperature as well as advertisers a direction to head. LEt us not forget government(s). ie. future = 1 governing body.

If you join you'll see these random " people " follow you , many times they are tweeting about every subject in the world, like bait on the fish hook. You figure the rest out.

si dos va jay jays hahaha

LOL, gives us pretty good odds... although Aggr3 keeps me pretty busy, so I'll have to let them all belong to you!

I think Twitter is nothing more than txt messaging in bulk. One Txt wit twitter goes out to lots of People. I call it Cell Phone Spam.

Ok, Because I Dont really txt, Or Twitter, I decided I would Tweet this here for you guys.

"Got Pepsi drank it"

LMAO

does that mean I can kill twitter??

twitter if for attention whores simply put!

I have a pic that defines that perfectly but im sure it will be taken down before i even post it.

As for Facebook, i wish it would go back to being meant for "College Students Only" !!!!

Now everyone and there damn great great great grandmother is on it. It was once clean with basic info, right to the point.

Now we have what fucking farm-ville, and some mafia wars crap all over the front page. People with huge friends list, who the hell has more then 200 friends?

And im pretty sure these are the same people who use to kick your ass in HS or college. Yet its cool since we are friends on FB now. Fuck that if i didn't want to talk to you then,

i sure as hell don't want to talk to you now. Also FFS learn how to use the privacy settings. If you don't want your teacher or parents know about your drunk orgy at college then don't post about it or show off the pics!

End Rant

True that. I am 16 and have, what, 3 friends in the real world. I use Facebook more as a contact list. If I actually care about the person, I put their number in my Rolodex. (Yeah, old school.) As for the people from high school who used to "kick your ass," I am with you. I have a half dozen pending friend requests from people like that. "Once an asshole, always an asshole."

I only use my Tweeter for a specific application I am developing. Apart from that I don't use it at all.

And yet, my "Generation" is supposed to be the "Technology" generation. In all reality, I still bond with my dad through various work projects we do. I would rather spend a week at summer camp than sit on my ass on a computer for hours on end. I wish the rest of this generation were the same way. But, alas, you can't always get what you want.

Thanks,

EBrown

And yet, my "Generation" is supposed to be the "Technology" generation. In all reality, I still bond with my dad through various work projects we do. I would rather spend a week at summer camp than sit on my ass on a computer for hours on end. I wish the rest of this generation were the same way. But, alas, you can't always get what you want.

Thanks,

EBrown

If i had my way this country would be more stable with less BS.

here are a few ideas i had that would prolly have some people call me a monster.

1. The school is NOT a babysitter for your kids. If the child does not want to learn and/or disruptive then they will be kicked out and sent home!

2. LINK will be connected to kids grades. The more A grades they get the more funds for food. The more F grades the less funds for food.

If the parent does not get fully involved in the child's education, there is no need in wasting tax dollars on them.

3. To keep population under control no more then 3 kids per family house hold.

4. Marriage is only for Man and Woman!

5. Anyone going into Politics can not have any other Funds given to them by means of Stock options ect ect ect.

This is to keep the power even to the People and not Corporations.

6. No Corporation will be given a tax break for any reason. If you can not keep your own boat afloat its not the job of the People to pay for your mistakes.

Ill post more when i can remember the rest of them