Top Members Update

CA3LE

I've got the site running in a very stable state. I haven't rebooted for 87 Days and haven't had to reset a single service. Despite higher traffic volumes the main server is running with very minimal load and is happily serving away. Because of this I've cranked up the database polling.

Look at Top Members - You'll now see the top 100 members ranked by download and upload speed (instead of top 20). This is also updated every 5 minutes (instead of 1 hour).

There were other updates made to this section but that's the most important. See if you're on the top 100...

Njoy!

Have you ever considered setting a minimum number of tests that need to be taken to be in the top 100? It might be a good idea.

I already do that ;) -- since day one actually -- there's a few criteria that need to be met to rank.

woo hoo i'm number 43 :smiley6600:

love it...great idea now i'm famous

I told Christian that too 'cause he's ranking high for mobile, "you're famous!" lol

lol im #13 in download and #1 in upload icon_smile.gif

Uh oh....

post-2-0-95431900-1310793971_thumb.png

Looks like a tie... but the rankings are actually done down to the kilobyte so he must have just edged you out. Just hard to tell because I only show the speed in Mbps there.

Hell of a connection though. Even when I had a 40Mbps/20Mbps line... I NEVER saw my full 20Mbps up. But hell, I wasn't complaining either.

Uh oh....

post-2-0-95431900-1310793971_thumb.png

Looks like a tie... but the rankings are actually done down to the kilobyte so he must have just edged you out. Just hard to tell because I only show the speed in Mbps there.

Hell of a connection though. Even when I had a 40Mbps/20Mbps line... I NEVER saw my full 20Mbps up. But hell, I wasn't complaining either.

heh. Actually this isnt full. Im on 25/25. Only get 25 up on NDT servers. Not here oddly enough. Reguardless ,the ^load doesnt go to waste i assure you that. Upload 24/7 ;) If i find something better to use the connection for, than ill go ahead and stop file whoring. Untill than, thats what ima do! smitten.gif

post-522-0-86062700-1311105559_thumb.png

Heres some NDT results from Georgia, & Texas :

post-522-0-82533700-1311106258_thumb.png

post-522-0-90591900-1311106267_thumb.png

I already do that ;) -- since day one actually -- there's a few criteria that need to be met to rank.

I told Christian that too 'cause he's ranking high for mobile, "you're famous!" lol

You sure? Cause theres currently people on the " Fastest Members" 3 or 4 tests who are ranking high. I think it should be an average of 50 - 100 tests. Thats a true average.

If you have 3 tests that were taking @ non peak times ; That are very good , your immediately at the top of the list.

post-522-0-80733800-1311339203_thumb.png post-522-0-94083700-1311339303_thumb.png

You sure? Cause theres currently people on the " Fastest Members" 3 or 4 tests who are ranking high. I think it should be an average of 50 - 100 tests. Thats a true average.

If you have 3 tests that were taking @ non peak times ; That are very good , your immediately at the top of the list.

post-522-0-80733800-1311339203_thumb.png post-522-0-94083700-1311339303_thumb.png

I may change that back to 5 tests.

I think most of the time 3-5 tests gives you a pretty good average. If I set it at 50 tests then new members would be discouraged from trying to rank. If you set the bar too high then nobody can play. ;)

I want more people to be able to participate in the ranking aspect. To expect most people to perform 50 tests in a two week period is unrealistic. There are a ton of people that do that but I want new members to be able to hit that list if they want to.

So say they have 3 test results. 10Mbps, 10Mbps and 50Mbps... that averages to 23Mbps and is not going to get the person anywhere near the top. But if they have 3 tests taken @ 50Mbps it's safe to assume that their connection deserves to be ranked. If I started to worry about ranking people based on the hours they've tested and such it would be over complicating the situation.

... I could however make another list that requires a high level of dedication to rank.

3 - 5 tests enable people to rank based on 1 days good scores. A true average has to be taken from more than 3 tests lol.. If people want to "rank" than they need to have a stable , consistent high score, not just 1 days worth when their testing or uncapping lol..... Same goes for people who are having issues with their connection, they will undoubtedly NOT rank if they have a bad day.

If they're having bad days with their connection then they shouldn't rank. Most of the people listed have tons of tests averaged, I'm just giving new people a chance to compete with the TMN vets.

By the way, I see you have "last result" in your signature. Did you know that I have a function to do that for you.

https://testmy.net/sig/{username}.png

...will return your last results in an image.

xs1.png

If they're having bad days with their connection then they shouldn't rank. Most of the people listed have tons of tests averaged, I'm just giving new people a chance to compete with the TMN vets.

By the way, I see you have "last result" in your signature. Did you know that I have a function to do that for you.

https://testmy.net/sig/{username}.png

...will return your last results in an image.

xs1.png

Bah i still think an " average score" should be based on more than 4 or 5 tests. Thats what im trying to get at .

& nifty feature BTW. smiley6600.gif