Program to Recover Data

nanobot

My Hard Drive has been corrupted, and I need a program to recover data from it. (Windows thinks it is a fresh drive.)

Can anyone post/link me to one. (Preferably free.) I would like to get the data that WAS on it.

Thanks,

EBrown

Grab a live version of gparted , of almost any live linux disk , boot from it and see what you can recover, might be good to have a separate drive connected to transfer any files you can access to. Or move them to the good partition , and wax the trashed partition.

Grab a live version of gparted , of almost any live linux disk , boot from it and see what you can recover, might be good to have a separate drive connected to transfer any files you can access to. Or move them to the good partition , and wax the trashed partition.

Well, apparently I was wrong. The partition isn't physically damaged, but the install disk would not read it properly.

I might have found a program that will recover my data. (REALLY hoping for it.)

Thanks,

EBrown