Hey you all

pongo824

Hey from the Bluegrass State the home of horrible internet Speeds that is if you have Windstream. Since last October speeds have been at dial up especially after around 5:00 pm til around 01:00 am then all goes back to normal. Windstream says they have oversold our area but we have to pay for the higher speed even though we get dial up speed. anyways enough of the rant good to be here and have someone to ask questions to and listen to the occasional rant.

...Windstream says they have oversold our area but we have to pay for the higher speed even though we get dial up speed.

How are they allowed to do that? ARE they allowed to do that? OVERSOLD your area, I hear it all the time... Seriously, seriously.

So you buy service, Windstream sells 3,6 and 12 Mbps. Let's say you ordered the 3Mbps service... (I assume this is what you have)

... and you're getting...

pongo824.png pongo824.png

That's 60% of your quoted speed. I think most DSL providers state that they'll deliver no less that 80% of the quoted speed. If you're under contract that might be a way out.

... when I wanted to get out of my DSL contract I called and told them I'm moving to an area that they don't service and gave them my girlfriends mom's address in California. They said, yup... we don't have service there. And let me out. ;)