speedtest.net vs testmy.net

Pnkbsterz

My ISP is Comcast Portland and they have a recommended speed tester called of course speedtest.net. I see results from them of 26+ Mbps download and 5-6 Mbps upload. When I use testmy.net I'm getting 7-8 Mbps download speeds. Can anyone comment on this? I understand all the obvious implications but I would appreciate some professional elaboration.

My ISP is Comcast Portland and they have a recommended speed tester called of course speedtest.net. I see results from them of 26+ Mbps download and 5-6 Mbps upload. When I use testmy.net I'm getting 7-8 Mbps download speeds. Can anyone comment on this? I understand all the obvious implications but I would appreciate some professional elaboration.

Welcome to the site!

There are many factors that may cause this to happen. First read this >>

What is the speed you're supposed to get? Do you feel like you're having an issue but are finding that your results at speedtest.net don't reflect that?

Let me know some more specifics about your issue and either myself or one of our many awesome members will try to help you fix it.

It could very well be incorrect mtu, rwin or. Other incorrect settings i've personally had issues like that where the network adapter was set at. Half duplex 10Mbit. Max and speedtest.net didn't detect it but testmy.net picked it up right away even a web browser could be the issue I can't max my connection with firefox but with chrome I don't have any issues

So yeah a few more particulars about your situation and we'll do our best to help you diagnose your problem

Btw sorry for any spelling or typing errors I typed it on my android ha

Edited by TriRan