uninstalling repo installed via rpm

mudmanc4

Iv'e grabbed a repo by (wget) unpacked it and installed it, but it's not in etc/yum.repos.d , terminal claims it's there and installed , using vi the file is " new file " and empty. So I opened up in ftp , low and behold nothing.

Ok , something borked somewhere and was installed somewhere else , I had assumed it was ( for some reason ) appended to yum.conf , nope

So whatever right, uninstall the rpm via rpm manager right ?

rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/RepoName.repo

Nope, it's not there so it cannot uninstall it. Where else should I look for this fraking thing lol

I'm screwed to get the thing because i was installing soap , so i had to recompile sql , at that point things went south , so I'm in a crap hole lol

I read it trust me , but not saying I understood a word,but it's midnight UK ,

Hey no worries , I still do not know where the hell it was lol

And after installing the repo I needed to get soap installed, I made the mistake of running yum update rolleyes.gif Screwed several things all to hell. Now sql is been uninstalled , but many dependancies are still ghosting , so it cannot be installed again , not even a newer version , as it keep complaining about old turds laying around buck2.gif

2funny.gif Looks like a long weekend will be wasted on fun stuff dammit lol Just gonna upgrade / update the entire server.

Hey no worries , I still do not know where the hell it was lolAnd after installing the repo I needed to get soap installed, I made the mistake of running yum update rolleyes.gif Screwed several things all to hell. Now sql is been uninstalled , but many dependancies are still ghosting , so it cannot be installed again , not even a newer version , as it keep complaining about old turds laying around buck2.gif2funny.gif Looks like a long weekend will be wasted on fun stuff dammit lol Just gonna upgrade / update the entire server.

Ooops total out of my Depth

you are talking computer servers

thats a black art to me.

I was thinking UK servers/retaianers

My parents had to let the last one go, he kept serving the Port from the right ,damm poor show indeed.

heh heh , yeah ,I will close the door on the way out ,

Ooops total out of my Depth

you are talking computer servers

thats a black art to me.

I was thinking UK servers/retaianers

My parents had to let the last one go, he kept serving the Port from the right ,damm poor show indeed.

heh heh , yeah ,I will close the door on the way out ,

At times it feels like black death , but then again , makes me drive harder to learn what I want to learn to force something to do what I need it to do.

Appalling , to serve port from the right , how dare she. tsk tsk

At times it feels like black death , but then again , makes me drive harder to learn what I want to learn to force something to do what I need it to do. Appalling , to serve port from the right , how dare she. tsk tsk

I understand Bro , I just work on a lower level , it takes me a day to reload Win with all the extras, and get the puter settled , ( I got an upgrade from win 95 to Me coming up for a "friend " that is still on 56K dial up,I do live a retro life at times , :rolleyes:

but give me a hemihead injected engine to sort ,and I am like a pig in sh*t,

indeed each to their own, but nothing wrong in widening the mind ,

and the reason I post mainly in off topic.

BB is totally different in the UK , with only 1 ADSL provider ,

all the other ISP's rent the line , apart from Virgin fibre ,

(limited availability ) and no sat worth looking at ,unless you are a

Welsh sheep Hill farmer, ( look at the ass on that Ewe )