New Hughesnet official forum

zeddlar

Below is a link to the new Hughesnet official forum run on the Hughesnet customer care site. So far there has been great Hughes tech participation and there are several subjects there now for people to give ideas on like improvements to hughesnt in general and ideas for FAP improvement and so so check it out, so far so good.

http://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

others and I have now seen our FAP amounts doubled across several plans, I am now getting 1250 MB per day and rumor has it they are also going to do a 48 hour rollover meaning that all the bandwidth you don't use in 48 gets rolled over and gave back to you on the third days reset. If you FAP out on one of those 2 days then you lose it and it starts over the next day. At least thats my understanding. The double bandwidth hasn't hit everyone yet and noone knows just yet whether this will just happen on the 9000 modems or across the board. I will post any other news as I get it in case anyone still reads this forum besides me and Cable, lol.

I read it, too. I'm a new Hughesnet customer and just getting started. I welcome all the advice I can get. It's not as fast as I had hoped, but it is a great improvement over dial-up. I had also tried Cleartalk but had such poor signal quality where we live, I dropped that also. I have the 9000 modem, and my current download allowance says it's 500 MB. Hope it stays at that, although I never come close to using it all.

If someone wants to post to the Hughesnet community forum, is there a way around consenting to "getsatisfaction" terms and sharing your info/alternate signup with them? Seems odd we can't just use our MyHughesnet account to sign in on a Hughesnet forum. If there's a way around "getsatisfaction" I'm not getting any satisfaction ( :rolleyes: ....sorry! ) and would appreciate advice. The CS agents on the Hughes forum do seem to be responsive to the posts there, but I'm not big on having to share logins with third parties.

My speeds are averaging about 135kbsp now...sigh. Got the 50mb FAP limit increase which was great, but that seems to be the extent of improvements here. (Home plan, 7000S, 113 W. Signal strength 69, updated and clean computer)

Thanks!

Yeah, the 7000 speeds are pretty much in the toilets now days because HN is slowly letting leases on satellite space on old KU satellite run out plus satellites are starting to die and soooo the 7000 users are getting crowded on fewer and fewer transponders all the time. That is why they push people to upgrade so much. I havn't had any trouble with get satisfaction so far but you can also log into the forums with your facebook or twitter account if you have one. I think that is about your only options though.

I'm pretty much of a Luddite when it comes to social media, but I do have a google account. However, it tells me if I want to log in the forum via an alternate account, I would have to consent to giving getsatisfaction "access". Although the rather ambiguous getsatisfaction privacy policy info says the usual yada-yada about we respect your privacy there is also a lot of "we may" do this and "we may" do that....etc. I just think it's weird that Hughesnet doesn't let you use your MyHughesnet account login to post on their very own forum, but that's the way they set it up. Guess I'll have to try to email them instead.

On a so sad it's kinda funny slow speed note: this weekend I deliberately tried to FAP to use my token before the end of the month, but my day time speeds were so slow, my meter actually went up while I was downloading a couple Audible books. Same thing when I tried to download the audio version of the Economist from their website. Finally later in the evening, it went fast enough to finish the files and FAP me and I got to use the token...yay! :thumbsup:

At any rate, I'm please with the increase in allowance and (hopefully) the rollover if it extends to the 7000S users. (With no other viable internet choice here, I'm going with a glass half full philosophy - heh). But I do wonder if they will evidently make us 7000S users an offer we can't refuse to upgrade to the 9000, or if they will literally just slow us out of it?

They anounced on the forum today that the 7000 users will be getting the rollover feature and they are working on getting it to everyone as soon as possible. I imagine they will be slowing you into upgrading. They can't force you to upgrade but all of their KU transponders that serve the HN7000s and older modems are leased and they are slowly letting those leases expire as well as satellites hitting the end of their lifespan and dying so anyone with a 7000 or older modem is on a cotinually crowding and sinking ship so to speak. The 9000's are staring to see a few slow downs as more people get on spaceway 3 but the performance still is far far better than the 7000 performance so it really is worth it to upgrade in the end.