problem with ftp uploading

billhiggs

it is my own account on a private server, I dont think thats it as I have bypassed my router and even tried shutting off my a/v and firewall, with the same results

can you explain this address for the server using filezilla

227 Entering Passive Mode (209,222,19,212,242,12).

is the first 4 sets of number the ip address?? then what are the other 2 sets that follow??

it seems like I am connecting fine to the server, but almost like something is blocking the info (handshaking) coming back from the server

since I believe I have eliminated anything on my end blocking, is it possible that xplornet is blockingthe return data?

Thanks

it is my own account on a private server, I dont think thats it as I have bypassed my router and even tried shutting off my a/v and firewall, with the same results can you explain this address for the server using filezilla 227 Entering Passive Mode (209,222,19,212,242,12). is the first 4 sets of number the ip address?? then what are the other 2 sets that follow?? it seems like I am connecting fine to the server, but almost like something is blocking the info (handshaking) coming back from the server since I believe I have eliminated anything on my end blocking, is it possible that xplornet is blockingthe return data? Thanks

The last two are the port. (242x12=2904), it's the port you are sending the information TO on the server. Passive FTP does this. http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

Unless you want to UNBLOCK all ports above 1023 on the server, I recommend switching to Active FTP, so that you can only keep 20 and 21 unblocked. (21 for commands, 20 for the data.)

Thanks,

EBrown