Tec Support.......

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

I'm on dsl with gallitian river communications. It is so frustrating to talk to them about advertised speeds. It took over a month and several calls just to find out what the advertised speed is. I have seen in my local paper that they show dsl being up to 3mpbs. I'm currently at 1.1. I ask and ask what is the advertised speed for my area. Get the same response over and over and over again. Well it depends on where you are blah blah blah.. I continue to tell them yes I know this. What is the max I could get. It scares me I really believe they have no clue. Tec support and the provider itself keep giving me the run around. I even checked the web site with no luck. Any Ideas how to find out. I just want to know what the max is. Its just that simple. I even asked if they jumped up the speeds. Well it depends where I am blah blah blah. I just want to scream. Thanks in advance. One last thing. They only offer one package speed wise. Even thought of that.

:(  The key phrase with ALL ISP's is "Speeds UP to XXX" I don't believe there is any guarantee for any connection, at least I have never seen it in writing. This is one of those issues that must be taken up the chain of command to get any real answers or to maybe get a speed increase, and only if its possible and if someone with the company wants to address your problem....sorry but these are the facts, but don't just give up do anything and everything you can to get some answers and a remedy to your problem if there is one..... good luck and let us know....

8) Microwave

Here microwave....this company puts it in writing....

Service Packages

Wireless Surfer

Download Speed: 512Kbps Burst with 128Kbps Guaranteed

Upload Speed: 128Kbps

Single residential computer with dynamic IP address

5 Email Accounts

10MB Web Space

Technical Support

Wireless PowerUser

Download Speed: 1Mbps Burst with 256Kbps Guaranteed

10 Email Accounts

15MB Web Space

Technical Support

Wireless Multi-PC Home

Download Speed: 1Mbps Burst with 512Kbps Guaranteed

Upload Speed: 256Kbps

Multiple residential computers with dynamic IP address

Firewall Router with 4 port Ethernet hub

15 Email Accounts

25MB Web Space

Technical Support

Burst speed is how fast your connection can attain and the Guaranteed speed is the minimum speed your system will attain on our network. Download speed is from the Internet to your computer such as web pages. Upload speed is from your system to the Internet such as file transfers and outgoing email.

Metalink.net.....

Here microwave....this company puts it in writing....

Service Packages

Wireless Surfer

Download Speed: 512Kbps Burst with 128Kbps Guaranteed

5 Email Accounts

10MB Web Space

Technical Support

Wireless PowerUser

Download Speed: 1Mbps Burst with 256Kbps Guaranteed

10 Email Accounts

15MB Web Space

Technical Support

Wireless Multi-PC Home

Download Speed: 1Mbps Burst with 512Kbps Guaranteed

Upload Speed: 256Kbps

Multiple residential computers with dynamic IP address

Firewall Router with 4 port Ethernet hub

15 Email Accounts

25MB Web Space

Technical Support

Burst speed is how fast your connection can attain and the Guaranteed speed is the minimum speed your system will attain on our network. Download speed is from the Internet to your computer such as web pages. Upload speed is from your system to the Internet such as file transfers and outgoing email.

Metalink.net.....

;) Thanks for the info but, I'm not to impressed with the slow A55 speeds they guarantee, but I guess its better than no guarantee at all.....L0L

8) Microwave