DC test

TriRan

when you finish a test from the DC server and hit retest it retests but on the dallas server. i doubt this is a bug or anything it's probably just not setup to be dynamic

and i got a couple server 500 errors when doing tests and hitting stop test halfway through which i couldn't reproduce but i'm sure you will have logs of them somewheres

post-77012-0-49413000-1317803436_thumb.j

Ditto on the DC server's re-test option - it initiates tests back on the Dallas server. It seems to be how the linking is coded.

Everything is set to: testmy.net/{whatever}

After evaluating the scope/purpose of the links, it would be assumed that not all links need to be "mirrored" - examples:

/Home

- If you type testmy.net, you are going to hit testmy.net just like "www.testmy.net" will hit testmy.net - don't you love how the Internet works?

- Once seasoned visitors know their preferred server, they can simply enter/bookmark a link to {MIRROR}.testmy.net

/Forum

- I would assume one would want this on the main server, or at least all in one place - in the future...possibly backing up to the other servers as a means of fallback should the original host go down.

---

As for the other main links and dynamic links, like "Re-Test (same size)", they need to reflect: {MIRROR}.testmy.net

I'm tickled with the shape it is in now though - A. It works, B. So far, manually entering dc.testmy.net/{whatever} does not kill anyone :cool:

I hope the changes aren't a headache and look forward to the expansion of testmy.net with additional test mirror locations.

post-77012-0-69798400-1317803444_thumb.j

post-77012-0-27649500-1317803460_thumb.j

post-77012-0-89949800-1317803469_thumb.j

Thanks for letting me know. It was actually correct... I just hadn't synced it with the dc server. I'm going to have to setup rsync to make sure the servers are synced.

You should be all good now. Basically how I have it setup is the SUBmenu will give you links to dc.testmy.net -- the main menu (dark gray) escapes to the main server. You guys will get it. I try to design things to the point that it's self explanatory... but it's hard because as a designer you have to design things for people that don't always think the same way as you.

Let me know if you spot anything else... I'm pretty confident that I squashed this one though, funny thing is... I already had done that, I just only uploaded it to one server......... the server that doesn't even need those variables. :razz:

(lol, look at my max speed right now)

post-2-0-97029500-1317806088.png

Thanks for letting me know. It was actually correct... I just hadn't synced it with the dc server. I'm going to have to setup rsync to make sure the servers are synced.

You should be all good now. Basically how I have it setup is the SUBmenu will give you links to dc.testmy.net -- the main menu (dark gray) escapes to the main server. You guys will get it. I try to design things to the point that it's self explanatory... but it's hard because as a designer you have to design things for people that don't always think the same way as you.

Let me know if you spot anything else... I'm pretty confident that I squashed this one though, funny thing is... I already had done that, I just only uploaded it to one server......... the server that doesn't even need those variables. :razz:

(lol, look at my max speed right now)

:haha: no problem! thats what i'm here for, to break stuff!

and is that your connection or server to server?

:haha: no problem! thats what i'm here for, to break stuff!

and is that your connection or server to server?

That's server to server... I effen wish that was my home connection. That would be SICK!

haha thats what i thought, and yeah i do too i was gonna ask you what kind of a deal you worked with cox to get uncapped :evil:

I played with uncapping in the late 90's and early 00's.. via TFTP crap, old school. But I haven't wanted to do that for years, I don't want to get caught and banned... I have a business to run and I need the fastest internet. In Phoenix Cox is hands down the best. ... it was fun to trick the system though. I was doing it back then to uncap the lame ass 128 Kbps upload... BOOM, symmetrical 3Mbps! -- sounds so slow these days. lol

I played with uncapping in the late 90's and early 00's.. via TFTP crap, old school. But I haven't wanted to do that for years, I don't want to get caught and banned... I have a business to run and I need the fastest internet. In Phoenix Cox is hands down the best. ... it was fun to trick the system though. I was doing it back then to uncap the lame ass 128 Kbps upload... BOOM, symmetrical 3Mbps! -- sounds so slow these days. lol

lol i had an uncapped modem once upon a time but it came that way from the ISP ^^