Steve Jobs is gone

mudmanc4

Thanks for everything Steve, you've made a big difference in my life :)

(Reuters) - Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with cancer and other health issues.

Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday.

The Silicon Valley icon who gave the world the iPod and the iPhone resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook.

Jobs, who fought a rare form of pancreatic cancer, was deemed the heart and soul of a company that rivals Exxon Mobil as the most valuable in America.

Source

Steve, you'll be missed. The world needs more innovative minds like yours.

He's changed the lives of everyone who has ever touched a computer.

Very sad, so young.

He's alive... he's immortal actually. He's alive in every piece of technology he was a part of... and every piece of technology that lends credit to his work. Steve Jobs is one of those people who may die in body... but he'll live forever in humanity.

[....]

He's alive... he's immortal actually. He's alive in every piece of technology he was a part of... and every piece of technology that lends credit to his work. Steve Jobs is one of those people who may die in body... but he'll live forever in humanity.

Well said , and I realized this when I took a silent minute of thought of him as soon as I heard the news.

he was definitely a driving force for sure...

he'll be missed...

the energy he created will still be active in his absence...

rip steve...you deserve the rest...sit back and watch the ripple of the tidal wave you created

funny thing is... yesterday i picked up a september newsweek with an article on him and thought it was more recent and the headline made me think he was gone and i felt sad...then i realized that that mag was a few weeks old...but still felt he was gone...

http://gma.yahoo.com/steve-jobs-dies-apple-chief-created-personal-computer-231337236.html