Test size in Auto test

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your site. I'm testing the performance of a satellite internet connection and yours is the one which has given me more accurate results, specially with the 2,9 and 5,8M tests. That's the reason why I'd like to know if there is any way to select the data size in the auto test and if this could be possible in the future?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your site. I'm testing the performance of a satellite internet connection and yours is the one which has given me more accurate results, specially with the 2,9 and 5,8M tests. That's the reason why I'd like to know if there is any way to select the data size in the auto test and if this could be possible in the future?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to testmy.net, i think this might be what your looking for. once you run a few tests, you can run the Express Test, which will use an optimium test size based off your previous tests.

~ TriRan

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

I love the idea. Totally possible, I'll be happy to work that in for you. Although, right this moment I'm taking a break from production.

Look for this added feature on the Auto Speed Test in the near future.

doh i totally blocked that whole part of the site out >.<

...like you forgot it was there? That's actually something I have to battle with as a designer. People become blind to things, if they're used to using the site in a certain way they stop noticing stuff they hardly use. I know this because I do it too. I've never really put the automatic speed test out front because it wasn't in a state that I'd want to put out front. It's working pretty awesome now though. -- maybe I'll throw a campaign on the front page to let people know about it. It can be really useful for troubleshooting, I get more positive feedback on that tool than anything actually... Yet only 1-2% of my traffic is utilizing it. Maybe because they've got their blinders on.

...like you forgot it was there? That's actually something I have to battle with as a designer. People become blind to things, if they're used to using the site in a certain way they stop noticing stuff they hardly use. I know this because I do it too. I've never really put the automatic speed test out front because it wasn't in a state that I'd want to put out front. It's working pretty awesome now though. -- maybe I'll throw a campaign on the front page to let people know about it. It can be really useful for troubleshooting, I get more positive feedback on that tool than anything actually... Yet only 1-2% of my traffic is utilizing it. Maybe because they've got their blinders on.

yeah i forgot all about it lol so when he said auto test i immediately thought of the smart test >.<

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Hey esalcedo, I'm a man of my word. I said I would rock this out for you when I got back to work... I just got done adding that feature so I wanted to let you know.

Please re-visit the Automatic Speed Test page

post-2-0-84974200-1327541806_thumb.png

I think that you'll find it does what you're looking for now. :wink:

~NJoy!

A related topic that helped push me to add this quicker... https://testmy.net/ip...362#entry333362

I just realized that some people were wanting to enter a minimum size as well. I'll work that in as well... off to dinner now :wink:

Okay, never mind I took care of it.. now I'm off to dinner. I'll hash out some extra details later. Let me know about any bugs :wink: