Reporting problem?

ATT at OnTopofIT

Greetings,

When doing a report on My Results and selecting a date with valid data (like yesterday, Oct 18) I get the message, "Where did that go? Maybe it was never here!

Your search returned zero results. You searched for...

User Name : ATT%20at%20OnTopofIT"

And yet it seems to report for the current day's data.

Perhaps I am missing something? I wish to display a report for any day for which I have data. If have a document or URL that would be useful, I will read it.

Also, there used to be a way to export to CSV, but I no longer see that.

Many thanks for the app. I am using it to test cell phone connection speeds ATT vs Verizon.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Greetings,

When doing a report on My Results and selecting a date with valid data (like yesterday, Oct 18) I get the message, "Where did that go? Maybe it was never here!

Your search returned zero results. You searched for...

User Name : ATT%20at%20OnTopofIT"

And yet it seems to report for the current day's data.

Perhaps I am missing something? I wish to display a report for any day for which I have data. If have a document or URL that would be useful, I will read it.

Also, there used to be a way to export to CSV, but I no longer see that.

Many thanks for the app. I am using it to test cell phone connection speeds ATT vs Verizon.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Hey Rick, I actually was noticing your results as you were testing today. I just recently allowed spaces in usernames, so please let me know if you spot any other bugs related to this.

The problem was definitely due to the spaces in your username. But that's obviously not your fault. I've corrected the issue and you should be able to search and sort correctly.

If you click share and export...

post-2-0-12680400-1319086058_thumb.png

...you'll see an export button that exports to a common CSV format.

post-2-0-18486400-1319085958.png

Thanks for the support, please help me by spreading the word.

- CA3LE

... looks like AT&T is winning your benchmark.

AT&T Verizon

AT&T Stats (formerly cingular) vs Verizon Stats

By the way... did you know that you can track those all under one account by using identifiers. You can sign up for as many accounts as you want but I do have options to deal with multiple connections.

Many thanks for all of that CA3LE. I had a deadline coming up and was too keen to get started with the test, so even though there were embedded spaces in the names (which I wouldn't normally allow), I damned the torpedoes and went full speed ahead. I saw the option for identifiers and in hindsight should have used those with an account I had previosly set up. All just goes to show that haste makes waste, uncharacteristic of me, it always burns in the end.

Just to make sure I understand the reporting, if I wish to graph a given day's results I simply put that particular date into the Date field (and leave the Days field clear, implying 1 day). And if I wish to graph two or more sequential days forward from the Date field I simply put 2 (or more) in the Days field?

Yes, it looks like AT&T is faster, but what the data do not show as clearly (I really haven't sat down to analyze it yet) here is that Verizon has better coverage, and that is worth a lot. Some of the AT&T tests timed out after 5 minutes (if no results after 5 minutes, I call it a fail) and I think they therefore don't show in the list. I am also testing in the reverse direction on the voice side, but that requires manual recording.

I could not perform my analysis without this tool, in particular the logging capability, and so am highly appreciative. I also appreciate the excellence you bring to support.

I see that your project is under development. If there are externalities I should know about that impact the integrity of the data, I would appreciate hearing about them (rick at ontopofit.net).

Again, many thanks.

Rick

If you only put the date it will assume 60 days. You can enter the date either 10202011 or 10/20/2011 (you can actually put anything between the month, date and year put 10%20@2011 for all I care). I'll re-add a calendar function in the next version, that you'll be able to more graphically select the date. So set the date, then the days are the amount of days you'd like to go back to. So 10202011 365 will pull from October 20th 2011 back to October 20th 2010 ;) and graph / average blah blah...

If development ever effects the test results I let my community know about it. It's always under development and it will always be under development. I don't think I could ever finish this. It's nowhere near the ideas I have in my head yet. ...but it's going to take leaps in technology to make the stuff in my head.

Right now, with it not in development it means that my I'm not getting errors on my end. Cause I only take breaks when things are running correctly. This is definitely the best version of the site so far.