Ok guys, been a while since ive been on here lol.

but my ps3 is working fine and has been since the day i got it, but all of a sudden a week or so ago, every demo/game i buy or just download the demo of will download perfectly fine, but then when i go to install it i get an error message saying it cant be installed and it always stops at 14% install.

the weird thing is after talking to tech support about 4-5 times i get nowhere and have even restored/formatted my ps3, done hardware resets, router/port/firewall switches, google searches with people from 2008 to present getting the same issues all over, including the installs stopping at 14%....ive gone as far to reset everything and even disable my SPI firewall on the router, and manually forward ports and everything else.

now i recently pre ordered payday the heist, well since the release i have been sitting here deleting and redownloading this damn game after every fix. and still getting nowhere. as always even with other demos or whatever i try to install/download on this system i get to 14% and thats it. and every google link i've clicked on through the first hundred pages (seems like that many pages anyway) all have different advice...well so far nothing has worked lol. im even letting the game download without sending it to the background. still nothing.

any ideas?

by the way the error message is 80029564

tried everything and was about to set up a proxy server, when i decided to test one last thing. a hardware reset came with a "corruption" message....and realizing it only corrupts on certain things and not others, the only thing i saw on the internet/and in tech support was to buy a new hard drive....well i figure, why not spend the night while im asleep formatting the disk. it worked on everyone else i know of that had a corrupt drive message. if nothing else, its going to probably be the end of my hard drive lmao.

ah a sony product well there is your problem right there

thanks for the sarcasm/trolling.

personally if you go for pc gaming/360/wii/ps3....they all have faults, all have strong points.....

if i wanted sarcastic answers that do little to no help i would have gone to a different forum.

thanks, rabbi :mellow:

thanks for the sarcasm/trolling.

personally if you go for pc gaming/360/wii/ps3....they all have faults, all have strong points.....

if i wanted sarcastic answers that do little to no help i would have gone to a different forum.

thanks, rabbi :mellow:

i was going to recommend that you format, seems you got it cleared up. if formatting didn't work your hard drive was for sure on the fritz

reformatted the drive, it took 2 days!....restored data (because i was in a hurry so didnt test before the restore)....had some more corrupted stuff after a database rebuild, factory restored the thing also, still stops at 14% install on everything (including a small 23mb update). so since the restore brought back some corrupted data i hadnt seen before i backed up im....now in the process of formatting again (which sucks because that can be bad on my drive as well)....if this doesnt work after it finishes formatting without a data restore (i'll lose a year worth of saved games just to get this thing running again, they are only games....)....so if this doesnt work im out for a new drive.

i'll let ya know what happens...this format has about 8 1/2 hours left. OH JOY LMAO.

good thing i have hulu plus to keep me preoccupied.

I have my doubt's the drive is borked, what utility are you using to format the drive with ? Make sure before you format the drive you remove all partitions , as well as the MBR , write 0's to the drive then to the proper format for PS3

I have my doubt's the drive is borked, what utility are you using to format the drive with ? Make sure before you format the drive you remove all partitions , as well as the MBR , write 0's to the drive then to the proper format for PS3

the data restore could also be what is causing the issue try downloading a game before you restore all your data

the data restore could also be what is causing the issue try downloading a game before you restore all your data

thats my thoughts, and in a few more hours i'll know for sure.

also, mudman, for a backup drive i used a neighbors 320gb external seagate drive. since the ps3 will not recognize ntfs (unless i did something wrong), i backed up their data to my laptop and formatted the drive into a fat32 drive. which according to multiple sites is the way to go for a backup on the ps3 system. i used a program called fat32formatter, which i found reccommended on a few sites. but thinking back as im typing the default selections in windows to backup without that software were exfat and ntfs...so that furthers my theory of me backing up crapped out data and restoring it again, thus making my efforts useless the first go around. lol.

of course the drive does say it is fat32 and all 80+ gigs of backup data were read properly. so im assuming that is one problem.

as for the negative views of this situation, what should i try if the format doesnt hold the answer (before restoring any data).

by the way, im formatting my ps3 from the safe mode menu.

hmm this is getting weird. i didnt restore anything after a fresh format...activated my account then went to download a random demo to see...it worked...which had failed before...so i thought sweet i can play now...i went to download payday the heist since i had already pre ordered it a while back....and once again...14% install then fail on stuff again.

any ideas?

as far as i can recall the older models have a flash memory for stuff like the firmware...so im guessing its the same with my ps3 slim.. and yep even all over the internet on forums everyones stops at 14%. which is weird. but im out of options to try now lol. done everything in each option of safe mode, tried everything else including ripping apart my living room and direct to modem ethernet cord incase it was the net, still no success on anything.

no i have not, i just smacked myself in the forehead as i had not even had this cross my mind....so one question here....after formatting the drive into a blank drive completely, where exactly am i going to get a firmware back up just incase something goes wrong along the way haha....and also i have no external enclosure to make this an external HDD. and ripping the drive out of my laptop seems kind of over the top to fix a playstation. lol.

Well lets see , deepening on your laptop , this might be the best solution.

Or grab something external , such as http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer+Technology/U2NV2SPATA/

Sounds a bit like overkill for you at the moment. Is there any place close you can grab an external enclosure cheap ?

external drives out the hoo ha....but enclosures are a no go....everyone around me has an external drive, but none of them are enclosures.

so where would i most likely find a backup of firmware incase my ps3 decides to give me more problems if i actually go format the bastard in my laptop? (excuse my french haha)

also, im wondering since more and more people get this error (traced accounts of this exact situation to posts from 2007 to present on sony's forums), is it more of a firmware messing up my system? considering that sony didnt even release exactly what update 3.73 did.

You asking some big questions, of which I might be interested in myself . Have to find out where the firmware is , I'm guessing main is stored on the chip , otherwise we could do as we please with the unit , and minor updated are comprised of local and ROM components.

Haven't turned on the PS3 in almost a month. Maybe I should just leave it off.

well funny thing is, sony actually explained to me that it basically isnt a well known or encountered problem. and ran me through the typical steps of troubleshooting, of which my gf wont let me call sony myself because she is afraid i'll get banned from calling back haha. so on that note sony doesnt even claim that this is a real widespread error.

wow get this. im on the phone with tech support and while the payday the heist game is released and everything the idiot is trying to convince me that im wrong...and that the full game unlock and the demo are just for show and the game isnt released yet in the psn store....where do you think i got it? LMFAO...my gf is on the phone with tech support because she about up and left me i swear because of my attitude towards being told something this stupid. omg haha.i love this tech guy....he makes me realize why i dont like humanity in a general sense. he also just tried telling me that i have to buy 5 more games just to get one to work...is he stupid? why purchase more games if nothing else is working?

LOL

well, i was able to install an update to red dead redemption, (23mb) and now im in the same boat...still no luck on anything else at all.

edit///sorry for the double posting and everything. just figured i'd add into this post by saying if worst comes to worst im still in my one year warranty (i think) on this system so i will see how much i have to piss and moan to sony before i get a replacement for no cost to me...if there is cost it better be minimal or i will be banned from sony support haha

Edited by RyanS

OK guys here is my new dilemma

SUCCESS and FAILURE.

let me explain.

did some hard drive stuff again and the ps3 now installs great....

failure part is that it still gives the 14% install error on my network. neighbors network it'll go fine. so...besides setting up a static ip for the system should i make sure everything is good with port forwarding or what? basically even when i go direct from modem to ps3 it wont work on my network anyway. but yet on my neighbors wireless network it went 100% fine....

Sounds like you have some investigating to do. Obviously you have something amuck in your network, Think of putting together an old as dirt system that is slow as molasses in february , install pfsense on the machine, and get to directing traffic the way you want it.

No monitor or mouse needed. Maybe just for setup , and there are ways around that as well. .