ok, i went and got ATT Uverse since i have moved to a different location. I had WoW net and tv (gonna miss them) with 8mbps speeds.

Now testing here (like always) i got what i paid for. Now i got the max turbo 24mbps service with uverse. Hence to say im not getting what im paying for. Now i just started this service on the 1st, so i give them a call today. And what did i get, rerun answers and solution. But that not the funny part!

att.com/speedtest

That link they say they can only support speed test from is a joke!

Both that one and the other joke speed test sight give the same answers 21mbps up and 2.8mbps down.

But here im getting around 6mbps down with the same up speed.

Me being a net junky Game player i can feel my net speed(dont ask how i can physically feel net speed i just can)and it does not feel like 24mbps.

This feels like Crapcast all over again

That test is crappy and lies. They have me faster with heavy torrents than I get unhendered on here. What a joke AT&T. I usually pull 1200 but they gave me 1500 pulling a load. :evil:

thanks for the tip! i actually got an accurate result that way

i was downloading a torrent at 3800Kb/s and scored a 52.4Mbps down and 4.6Mbps up XD

att.com/speedtest

That link they say they can only support speed test from is a joke!

Both that one and the other joke speed test sight give the same answers 21mbps up and 2.8mbps down.

man my connection is epic on their site! i got 75Mbps down 11.2Mbps up

That test is crappy and lies. They have me faster with heavy torrents than I get unhendered on here. What a joke AT&T. I usually pull 1200 but they gave me 1500 pulling a load. :evil:

This is why a site like TestMy.net is so important... without a site like this there would be nobody to call these guys out. People think, "Oh, it's AT&T... they're huge... they HAVE to know what they're talking about." Well, as you can see... they don't. I've said this since the first flash speed test I saw, flash is a terrible protocol to try to benchmark though. I think it's retarded that companies are relying on stuff that that for technical support. It disgusts me because I know that they know this... I think they're doing it on purpose to alleviate stress on their call centers. They need to realize that unhappy customers do cause the phone to stop ringing... but it's because they leave you!

Truth is that the truth can hurt sometimes. And if they want to lie to themselves and their customers they're not alone. This BS has become common practice among ISPs. I think they should be required by law to use a third party for speed testing, because of the major conflict of intrest.

I think they have the mindset that if you pretend the problem isn't there, maybe it will go away. ... stupid and unfair to customers.

Who knows, if you guys keep spreading the word maybe we can change policy.

thanks for the tip! i actually got an accurate result that way

i was downloading a torrent at 3800Kb/s and scored a 52.4Mbps down and 4.6Mbps up XD

Yeah, that's obviously impossible with your connection. :-P

This is why a site like TestMy.net is so important... without a site like this there would be nobody to call these guys out. People think, "Oh, it's AT&T... they're huge... they HAVE to know what they're talking about." Well, as you can see... they don't. I've said this since the first flash speed test I saw, flash is a terrible protocol to try to benchmark though. I think it's retarded that companies are relying on stuff that that for technical support. It disgusts me because I know that they know this... I think they're doing it on purpose to alleviate stress on their call centers. They need to realize that unhappy customers do cause the phone to stop ringing... but it's because they leave you!

Truth is that the truth can hurt sometimes. And if they want to lie to themselves and their customers they're not alone. This BS has become common practice among ISPs. I think they should be required by law to use a third party for speed testing, because of the major conflict of intrest.

I think they have the mindset that if you pretend the problem isn't there, maybe it will go away. ... stupid and unfair to customers.

Who knows, if you guys keep spreading the word maybe we can change policy.

Yeah, that's obviously impossible with your connection. :razz:

True but it sure makes a guy feel on top of the world connection wise

Ok so I just did another speed test and I'm close to 10mbps.

I wonder if my I could only get my full nets if I really need it with a high demand on my end? Or is that crazy talk? Here is why I ask!

I just got me an Roku box for my tv for Netflix.

And I just watch a HD movie with mo problem. The box connects using the WiFi from the gateway modem.

Now the way I have my network setup is I only use the gateway WiFi for small electronic devices( Wii, my phone, roku box). And I have another WiFi router that I have all the other pc's connected to with my bro's VoIP phone.

All these running with no problem or complaints. I did a speed test while the HD movie was playing and got around 6mbps.

• 3 weeks later...