My Desktp is giving me headache with connection

Disobedience

Hi All, i am new on the forum but honestly its a masterpiece from what i saw

i have been searching on the forum checking if there is a solution for my problem but i couldnt find what i needed. i googled alot as well but no use. hopefully you will be able to help out guys. thanks in advance

long story short

i have ADSL Internet Speedtouch modem which is also connected to "TP-LINK wireless router" and Eithernet direct P2P connection to my desktop.

the thing is my Laptop and any wireless able device can connect over the Wifi connection via WEP security code. but the desktop from each lwts say 10 restarts the connection works once on it.

i have checked IP settings to be obtained Automatic, and i have accessed the router settings for net its all ok without problems

my router's ip for settings is 192.168.1.1

my antivirus is NOD Eset smart suite and its configured to allow send/receive data from network.

i have changed my Eithernet cable 2 times but with same problem.

any suggestions here i would appreciate it

thanks alot

Hi Disobedience , Are you trying to connect via hardwire or wireless ? If wired , it sounds as if you have an IP conflict between the wireless router and possibly the modem is as well a router ? In other words , your desktop is connected via the modem , not wired to the wireless router ?

Only reason i say this is if all other devices can connect wireless, and the hardwired desktop is having issues , that tells us that the IP that is last used in the desktop is already being used by a wireless device when it tries to get an IP.

Make sure if this is the case ( the modem is a router that has DHCP server turned on , ) turn OFF the DHCP server within the modem, and connect the desktop to the wireless router. Allow the wireless router to do all the IP leasing.

Hi All, i am new on the forum but honestly its a masterpiece from what i saw

Why thank you...

So you have one computer that's wireless and one that's wired? The wireless is working fine but your wired connection isn't?

I too think that it has to do with an address conflict. If the wired computer tries to use an address that's already taken you'll have problems. You should however get a message telling you about the conflict.

To troubleshoot this, first make sure that no computers are connected to the router. Leave your modem in place if you've established an internet connection and know that's working. Then connect just the wired computer. If you're still having an issue, then the problem runs deeper. Realize that it could be as easy as a fouled port on the router... so also try using a different port, if you have one open.

Sometimes the quickest, easiest thing to do is reset your equipment to factory defaults. If you don't know how to do this just provide your router model number and we'll provide instructions for you.

well, my desktop connects to the wireless router via eithernet cable and the router is connected to the modem , i also suspected that IP conflict might be the issue but i have disabled and enabled the connection and done repair on it so it would change the ip as its automatically gained but i always get the same problem.

last night i tried to uninstall my driver of the Eithernet card and reinstalled it , it worked fine and hopefully it will be working today, if anything happens then i will get back to you with the latest feedback.

:azn:

• 1 year later...