CA3LE

• 3 months later...

I would have to say most definitely not worry about anything bad. No more than any one of us browsing the internet.

If you are watching a movie on your machine , while testing , you may be using a bit of system resources , so a test may show a slight lower score .

If you are streaming a movie , to your machine , then most definitely , you will see a significantly lower score. Because the available bandwidth will be less , the movie stream.

I'm sure ca3le will have more and or better answers for you , thats my take on it all.

It usually says in the router settings block icmp ping request

And I might add that allowing your your internal network to be pinged is asking for trouble. There are bots that scan 24 /7 for responses. Once a machine is found , it searches further , by doing a standard port scan , to see what ports are open , and which could be vulnerable. If it see's anything listening , say 443 or 21 , 25, 995, 113 ect. anything super standard , it waits for responses by ill written applications to find a way in and sets up shop.

• 2 weeks later...

[...] My firewall is Windows, thanks

You likely use a modem , and or a router / switch , they may be combined with the modem. If it's combined , you should be able to access the page HERE , if that doesn't work , list your modem name and or model and we can find it. Some use xxx.xxx.xxx.254

None the less, you should be able to access some settings and adjust them to your needs.

• 1 month later...