You can now test your internet speed against TestMy's Amsterdam, Netherlands server.

Visit http://eu.testmy.net to change your default server to Amsterdam, Netherlands and give it a try.

Here's my score... all the way from Phoenix, Arizona ... about 5400 miles away.

OU0JCIi.png

Enjoy!

A little more information...

Our most popular visiting European countries are... United Kingdom, Romania, Poland, Italy, Germany, Greece, France, Serbia, Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Finland, Ireland, Sweden, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Norway, Portugal, Denmark, Switzerland, Macedonia [FYROM], Albania

Our most popular visiting Asian / Middle Eastern countries are... India, Philippines, Lebanon, Iraq, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Iran, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Singapore, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Turkey, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Syria, Kuwait, Nepal

Our most popular visiting African countries are...South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritius, Libya, Ghana, Rwanda, Algeria, Morocco, Uganda, Tunisia, Sudan, Seychelles, Congo [DRC], Zambia, Namibia, Ethiopia, Botswana, Senegal, Burundi

Any European, Asian, Middle Eastern or African countries scores will benefit from using this server. But remember, our Texas server is still the benchmark.

Blessings Ca3le , Amsterdam ? about 230 miles straight line ,but it does involve the English Channel hop ,

Test result close on right for me ,

BTW "Our most popular visiting European countries are... United Kingdom," I still spread the word , :oops:

7307754565.png

l279KvO.4EPuYHK.png

CZ0ocPp.Qcpgoab.png

uycTZHw.yiz4PIE.png

Odd. Seems like my server gets destroyed by internet speeds when testing to EU or DC.

Yet speedtest shows I have a perfectly fine connection. This seems fairly odd. Testmy.net shows me at 12%-22% of the Speedtest speeds for download, and at up to 25% of the speeds for upload. I am kind of curious why this is happening.

Also, a side note: When doing an Automatic Speed Test I can select the Amsterdam, Netherlands server, but when doing a standard test I cannot. (https://testmy.net/in...-speed-test.php vs. https://testmy.net/auto)

Thanks,

EBrown

Testmy.net shows me at 12%-22% of the Speedtest speeds for download, and at up to 25% of the speeds for upload. I am kind of curious why this is happening.

Also, a side note: When doing an Automatic Speed Test I can select the Amsterdam, Netherlands server, but when doing a standard test I cannot. (https://testmy.net/in...-speed-test.php vs. https://testmy.net/auto)

Thanks,

EBrown

I'd look into that... the program is just calling it how it sees it. For some reason you're not getting a clean connection to those locations. Funny that you got a better connection to Amsterdam than Washington D.C.

I corrected the selection on that page. Thanks.

Gotta run , I'll do more testing when i get back in :) VERY cool and useful tool in so many ways, to be able to test at several key locations with testmy.net is priceless !!!!!! Thank you ca3le !!!!

Thank you ... and you're welcome!

CA3LE I see in the first test the host is cox and in the second softlayer. Makes sense to me since SoftLayer has the best routing in the world and Cox can't even come close to competing with it. Or did I miss something?

CA3LE I see in the first test the host is cox and in the second softlayer. Makes sense to me since SoftLayer has the best routing in the world and Cox can't even come close to competing with it. Or did I miss something?

Yeah, one was tested from the DC server the other was my home connection. But even from DC to Amsterdam there is a major drop. Ocean bottleneck... two words that rarely meet.

Yeah, one was tested from the DC server the other was my home connection. But even from DC to Amsterdam there is a major drop. Ocean bottleneck... two words that rarely meet.

Now you are telling me ? "Ocean bottleneck... two words that rarely meet."

been seeing that for 7 years, Amsterdam ( Netherlands ) still involves a sea crossing for me from the UK

m,ybe the sharks are chewing on the fibre ?

Now you are telling me ? "Ocean bottleneck... two words that rarely meet." been seeing that for 7 years, Amsterdam ( Netherlands ) still involves a sea crossing for me from the UK m,ybe the sharks are chewing on the fibre ?

i think you may be onto something here... my speeds to the eu server are very erratic aswell

Can't believe I missed this thread. I will test your server CA3LE, mark my words.

:D I have been beating the hell out of it , spot on for me ,

truly a great TMN service for us in Europe ,

just going to post a link on my (member ) uk forum , "DSL.zone", has it's own members only test,

but just download ,) and they have no objections to links to other test sites ,

the infamous "speed test .net" is pants , along side other UK test sites , I can get 50% above my synch rate on some ,

the only usable one is Numion , again based in the Netherlands, an odd test but good for real world surfing ,

just saying, no spam intended , and no link from me , google if you wish ,

r69CjUB.png

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed there is a west server now to. I also noticed when I manually chose the size it always appears to go to the texas server. Is that by design? Is there anyway to do a 200MB test on any of the other servers or what size until it forces you to texas?

i don't think he has the WA server fully configured yet he probably mirror'd the files from dallas to it hence the issue :P he just had a baby so hes kind of tied up atm

• 2 weeks later...

i get similar results atm

fqGV8z5.png

Tracing route to eu.testmy.net [159.253.141.114]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 16 ms 7 ms 12 ms 10.146.192.1

2 12 ms 9 ms 9 ms 68.2.8.17

3 17 ms 9 ms 16 ms 70.169.75.84

4 10 ms 14 ms 11 ms chnddsrj01-ae2.0.rd.ph.cox.net [70.169.76.229]

5 34 ms 51 ms 48 ms paltbprj01-ae3.0.rd.pt.cox.net [68.1.2.157]

6 33 ms 39 ms 33 ms xe-0.paix.plalca01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [198.32.176

.14]

7 39 ms 40 ms 60 ms ae-1.r20.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.3

3]

8 104 ms 106 ms 103 ms ae-4.r21.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.1

02]

9 211 ms 198 ms 185 ms ae-2.r23.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.1

45]

10 202 ms 186 ms 184 ms po-2.r01.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.1

01]

11 192 ms 189 ms 191 ms ae11.bbr01.eq01.ams02.networklayer.com.64.20.81.

in-addr.arpa [81.20.64.50]

12 197 ms 212 ms 177 ms ae5.dar01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com [50.97.18.

237]

13 177 ms 187 ms 176 ms po1.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com [159.253.1

58.131]

14 176 ms 191 ms 193 ms 159.253.141.114-static.reverse.softlayer.com [15

9.253.141.114]

Trace complete.