"Major" difference from TestMyNet to other sites

jake6731

I have been using TMN for years and have always found the results to be informative and accurate. We recently had some changes made to one of our circuits at work and I have been running tests on it for the past 4 days. While the results from TMN seem to reflect the performance I am seeing in my browser(slow responses), the results are DRAMATICALLY different that those I see from other speed test sites. TMN is reporting numbers of less than 1Mbps during the work day, and tests from other sites done at the same time, are reporting almost 6Mbps. I tend to have faith in the numbers I see from TMN, but this huge difference is hard to explain.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Jake

I have been using TMN for years and have always found the results to be informative and accurate. We recently had some changes made to one of our circuits at work and I have been running tests on it for the past 4 days. While the results from TMN seem to reflect the performance I am seeing in my browser(slow responses), the results are DRAMATICALLY different that those I see from other speed test sites. TMN is reporting numbers of less than 1Mbps during the work day, and tests from other sites done at the same time, are reporting almost 6Mbps. I tend to have faith in the numbers I see from TMN, but this huge difference is hard to explain.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Jake

Hey Jake, thanks for visiting. This is the most common thing people post here. There may be some insight as to what makes the tests here different than others on my legitimacy page. It's up to you to decide which site you think has a more accurate method... but you said it yourself, the tests here reflect your performance when the others don't. I'd stop using the other sites. :wink: