Auto Speed Test file size

ejryjku

Hello,

is it possible to change download/upload file size for Automatic Speed Test by editing the url or in any other way? Since my internet connection speed increases over time, I'd like to choose a file bigger than 6MB.

I appreciate your help and replies.

Thank you :wink:

First, Welcome!

Unchecking the 'express' option will run a SmarTest which will attempt to serve the best size for your connection speed, based on the current speed. Express, on the other hand, averages your previously taken tests to determine the best size. Currently, there is not a manual file size but this option is planned to be added in the next version over the next couple of months.

Thanks for reminding me that some people want to have control over that...

- D

• 1 month later...

Sounds like this is also what I have been wanting but for a different reason. Now that I am using Verizon 4G as my home internet with very fast speeds, but limited monthly bandwidth, I'm wanting a test that I control the size of the download and upload file. I've actually quit testing, except for rarely, since one download and upload test will use 20M or more. That is a big chunk of my monthly 5GB. 5GB is only approx 160M per day! Will look forward to a true manul test, even though it may not as accurate as your other tests. I just need to not use a lot of bandwidth while testing. Thanks

Sounds like this is also what I have been wanting but for a different reason. Now that I am using Verizon 4G as my home internet with very fast speeds, but limited monthly bandwidth, I'm wanting a test that I control the size of the download and upload file. I've actually quit testing, except for rarely, since one download and upload test will use 20M or more. That is a big chunk of my monthly 5GB. 5GB is only approx 160M per day! Will look forward to a true manul test, even though it may not as accurate as your other tests. I just need to not use a lot of bandwidth while testing. Thanks

Hey jdpalmer, welcome to TestMy.net

I'm actually on the drawing board with that right now. A few people have asked me for this. I should have those controls built in... heck, I may be able to get it done tonight. I think I've pretty much got it all built in there I just need to give users access to be able to control it that way.

I'll let you know what I come up with. I've gone over it in my head, pretty much written... shouldn't take me too long.

Will look forward to a true manul test, even though it may not as accurate as your other tests. I just need to not use a lot of bandwidth while testing. Thanks

Yes... I know. I'm kinda crazy... but I worked that up for you already.

You can now select the maximum sizes and granted that there are no bugs it should stay within the parameters your set.

Check it out at >> https://testmy.net/auto

post-2-0-68327400-1327541015_thumb.png

I think you'll find it does exactly what you were looking for. Please let me know if you spot anything buggy or weird.

~NJoy!

Note that the upload test isn't as dynamic as the the download test with the way it draws it's files. So it's not going to give you the exact size, rather the closest match it under the max size you set. (something non-critical that's being addressed by version 13)