what's your favorite browser...

tdawnaz

what's your fav and least fav browsers  

20 members have voted

1. 1. please vote for your favorite browser...and post why...

• ie
    • google chrome
    • firefox
    • safari
    • opera
    • other and be sure to say which other one
  2. 2. please vote for you least favorite browser...and post why...

• ie
    • google chrome
    • firefox
    • safari
    • opera
    • other and be sure to say which other one

i like firefox...because i can customize it easily to how i like...and when i'm searchin it will tell me in my search if a website is unsafe

least fav is safari...for no reason other than i'm completely unfamiliar with it...

i only use ie at work and i'm not real fond of it...seems slower...

google chrome seems too complicated...but my grandkids seem to like it

They all suck anymore. Honestly. Bloated and full up of items people should know well how to use aside from the browser.

Chrome hides it's issues well, so Id'e have to say it's on top.

Safari comes in second but each new version has a new show stopper.

IE ? Please, playing catchup since people realized there was an option.

Firefox is really a good browser , but too many possible features in any one place cause people to go looking for extension instead of doing what a browser was meant for. People will install anything anymore due to the irrational allowance of anyone who can write a few lines of code, put it up for the world. Many of these features cripple the livelihood of websites.

Chrome is my favourite, mostly because it is highly stable, and doesn't have the clutter of many others.

IE is my least favourite, for the exact reasons listed above, just the negative version. (Unstable, Slow, much BS Clutter.)

Thanks,

EBrown

agreed!

FF all the way. when you go into about:config and run only the least amount of add ons and customize it deeply. its the way to go IMO. never tried chrome...i keep it in the "vista" section of my mind. which is "dont want it, aint using it". lol. as far as IE...well...i consider that the "portal to download firefox after a reformat" lol. any other browsers ive tried have been promptly uninstalled. only downside is that it takes so damn long to completely get FF where i want it from a fresh install.

• 3 weeks later...

My browser since 1998 is Opera! On my desktop, on my netbook, and on my phone. They were pioneers of many of the features common to all browsers these days (tabs, search from address bar, etc), and still does the best out-of-the-box ad blocking of all.

I admit, it's become a bit of a memory hog lately, but I'll stick with it for now. Chrome seems to be the fastest of all the others, so may start using it more.

Least favorite is IE. Even though it's improved, it's still the worst!

Wow, Microsoft really needs to get it together in the browser market. They have allot to fix for version 10 if they want my endorsement.

IE was my favorite for a while. ... By the way, don't get locked into a complete favorite. Make sure you check all the major browsers every few months because they are always getting better. I personally think that Chrome and Firefox are as good as it gets right now. Safari on Mac (I can't attest for the PC version, haven't used it lately) is also very fast and stable. When I'm browsing, I want it to just want the page to load how the developer intended... quickly, securely and without bugs...

Here's my list, in order of how often I use them.

1. Google Chrome
  2. Mozilla Firefox
  3. Safari for Mac or PC
  4. Internet Explorer no link, you have to have Windows and if you have Windows then you already have it. Wait, isn't Mac supposed to be the proprietary ones?
  5. Opera Browser

I think it's fun to change it up sometimes. You really can't go wrong with the top 3, they test well with TestMy.net right out of the box.

IE used to be my favorite, years ago. I find it to be very buggy right now. Opera, can't seem to go over 20Mbps with TestMy's tests... even on my 50+ Mbps connection.

Microsoft contacted me a few months ago, I can't go into details. But I can tell you that I'm not going to endorse their new browser unless it works right. I don't care if they made it rain, it has to be right. And right now, it's not. ... I've seen Google crash on multiple occasions. So it's not like it has to do with faulty code on the websites end. Maybe it's because I'm running Windows in virtual machine... but if that's the case, why does EVERY OTHER BROWSER work without those problems?

For development purposes I have to use every Operating system and every browser combination you can think of. But when I'm chillin' on the internet, you'd most likely catch me in Chrome.

i modified the poll to include opera...the one "like most" question that said "other and be sure to say which other one" it had one vote and there was one person saying opera all the way so i assume that was for opera to i changed to wording on that one to "opera"...if that's not what you meant (to whoever voter "other") just change your vote please :-)

Yes, indeed, tdawnaz, the 'Other' vote was by me for Opera. Thanks for adding it! :smiley:

Interesting side-note on the max download speed with Opera, CA3LE. As I'm *supposed* to be getting 15 Mbps, that's not an issue for me thus far, but I will keep it in mind if I ever go higher (or whether my ISP can actually do so is really the question!).

And I hear you about not getting locked in with one particular one. I mainly stay with Opera because of my preferred customizations and keyboard shortcuts. I almost always have both Opera and Firefox open at all times, and open Chrome up if Opera bogs down.

Edited by becerdin

If I had to switch to another browser it would be Google Chrome. Been using it for a couple days now, not bad. Big improvement since it first came out a few years ago. The only thing I don't like is you got to re-sign in even if you check keep logged in!

Sounds like a local cookie issue ?

i had some local cookies last night...white chocolate macadamia nut...mmmmm soft warm and chewy...

Yea , I picked up a few last night as well, these were tubular shaped and laying on top the snow steaming there way through to the earth . Puppy made them special for me around 3 AM this morning :)