what's your favorite browser...

tdawnaz

what's your fav and least fav browsers  

20 members have voted

1. 1. please vote for your favorite browser...and post why...

• ie
    • google chrome
    • firefox
    • safari
    • opera
    • other and be sure to say which other one
  2. 2. please vote for you least favorite browser...and post why...

• ie
    • google chrome
    • firefox
    • safari
    • opera
    • other and be sure to say which other one

I was using nothing but chrome. I gave the latest version of Opera a spin and I am quite impressed. Seems more well behaved. While it can be a bit geeky, customizing opera is pretty sweet. Love the ability to custom the right click in it. Can make the right click open whatever you want. I have open notepad, Open page in chrome, Have screen capture in the right click. Even have go to certain websites in the right click.

IN the end, seems like with every new release they either improve or make the browser worse. So I have no real loyalty. I keep opera and chrome for now. Right now Opera is more well behaved. Works better, Now with the next release, Chrome may be the better choice. I do need to update and try firefox. With all three browsers I keep the settings and bookmarks all backed up. With opera took me time to set it up again. My backup was from Opera 9. That did not work to well with Opera 11. So I set Opera 11 up just the way I want it, Then backed it all up.

My backup for firefox is a bit old. Need to set it up again. Then back it up. Thinking of trying one more browser, Maybe avant or some other variant of I.E. See what happens.

I love chrome because it is the fastest for me also love the ease of use. The kids use Firefox because it does not have as many problems as chrome. IE just seems slow and always CLUNKY to use plus uncle bill has enough people on his team have to do something outside of the box!

• 4 weeks later...

For my favourite i picked IE (IE6)

I like IE6 the best because I can trust its not spying on me.. And it looks the nicest (Last good version)

For my LEAST FAVOURITE i picked CHROME

Theres no doubt with how intrusive google is that they are spying on everyone who uses that browser!!

Honestly , as already stated, we have no gal privacy right now. If not for the general demographics spaz, as in advertising agencies pay big bucks to gather compiled habits, we have the DOJ on everyones trail looking for those nasty keywords such as " hamburgler " , and "chocolate frosty" , to make sure were all safe from the geriatrics that might be harboring contraband in there jammies.

In a browser I'm looking for simple and fast " get me to where I'm going " kinda stuff. I want to part of the block this and prettify that masquerade . I'll deal with that before it gets inside the network. Hopefully lol

For my favourite i picked IE (IE6)

I like IE6 the best because I can trust its not spying on me.. And it looks the nicest (Last good version)

For my LEAST FAVOURITE i picked CHROME

Theres no doubt with how intrusive google is that they are spying on everyone who uses that browser!!

You do know its not the browser that spys on you, its the website typically with tracking cookies. Since all browsers support cookies you can be tracked using any one.

IE6 was the lightest and fastest I ever used. :thumbsup:

Yes it is quite nice isnt it Tommy??

I use MyIE2 for my general surfing (It uses the IE engine) MyIE2 has many more features than IE6 itself has..... (Tabs,Ad blocker,etc) dont really open IE directly very often....