Who here has played some of the newest games for pc. what are your favorite pc games of all time? recent games?

im looking more into PC games right at the moment, but currently play a few games like

bf3 (ps3)

wwe 12

left for dead

left for dead 2

a little bit of black ops

gta 4 (ps3)

red dead redemption (ps3)

and quite a few more (just cant think of them all lol)

what games do you guys play?

Just was gifted Assassins Creed Revelations last week.

Had a chance to get a couple hours to start it the other day, I'm hoping it's just as good as the last three. And also hoping they are working on another, it's a great story line, awesome gameplay with the open world as well as gets me and my youngest boy looking up history and the meanings , dates and who did whats comparing the past to the present and how they are connected.

i have recently played through that game on ps3, mudman. its sweet! ...i'd have to ssay my favorite so far is brotherhood, but its almost a tie with this one. they perfected the controls, and made combat more enjoyable (weapon and fight moves wise)....gotta love throwing a pot of lambs blood on a guard and walk past while he flips out wondering where he's hurt. or just throwing a timed fuse bomb of fake gold coins into a crowd and they scramble for the coin, beating up guards along the way haha.

Yes Ryan , they have been funded by the people on this one, the story line is very deep , if you choose to follow it. Kinda difficult not to. And that truly alone is why I kept up with the releases. The story line. Much food for thought.

I have all four of them for PS3, I'll take my time on this last one , I think it'll be the last of the series. Any word on another ?

the developers hinted that this is the end of desmond,so im not sure how that works out game wise. maybe some new assassins for future games, as ezio is getting older in each game. but without spoilers, i cant say that they would cut off the game series for good. they are too involving to not play and would surely sell as long as they keep adding to the series. and the end of the games always make me want to play the next one.

best part of revelations is the movement. now instead of tripping or pushing people over you can sweep under them or jump over them in true parkour style.

and the money system and store buying system, etc are all worked better.

my only complain about the game is the defense mode things. where you place walls and archers on a building to stop troops from getting your HQ....i felt it wasnt worked on long enough and just added to say they did one more cool thing. it was fun the first couple times, but it got to the point i let it happen and just retook stuff myself.

Iv'e only got roughly two hours of gamplay in revelations , but I have been through one battle having to defend a post , and i would agree , the defense lacks a little something, not as smooth as I would have expected. Now if they showed the guys getting hit with something to at the least see if they would stand until then. Maybe I just need to play a little more , after i get in some work today maybe I'll get a couple hours in.

Thats it ! I'm going to get a couple hours in ....

and yea , I do everything the game is capable of, and at times wander off and just do whatever. The end is just that , the end, I can't stand it lol I want to play the game for all it has.

lol i explore, buy buildings, etc. but when it comes to going to the little assassin box (cant remember what it is named) where you send your recruits off to missions, i dont do that because it doesnt involve me doing anything, just clicking a button.

HAVE you seen the new assassins creed? its apparently (according to gamespot) set in the colonial era. wonder how this is gonna work out.

as far as the free running aspect that helped make the game popular, how will this work out since there arent exactly tall buildings everywhere and such to be sneaking over/around.

what are your thoughts on this new setting?

assassins creed 3. as im guessing the brotherhood and revelations title were for ezio, so they wanted to make sure this one was the third in the series and not another follow story. im still curious as to how this will play out.

http://assassinscree...i.com/ac/en-US/ although its not fully up (or wasnt when i checked) here is the official site.

here's the boxart (edited this post to post a full photo of the box art)

post-28921-0-52036700-1330841036_thumb.j

on a side note, apparently the little "tier 1" photo that came in my battlefield 3 case meant a new medal of honor game after the 2010 reboot. just checked and the next one will be called medal of honor: warfighter. and will use the frostbite 2 engine as bf3 does. supposedly releasing in october.

then again im still amped waiting for guild wars 2!!!

Edited by RyanS

Just went and grabbed the four I have now , intrigued by your statement.

I knew I wasn't really a full time gamer anymore , but now I realize it. Not following this had me not understanding the third and fourth were following Ezio.

So now it's me , thats amped about AC3, thanks Ryan !

im definitely ready for this game. although i still have little tugs at the back of my mind about how this will work out with the parkour in the game. free running is what this game flaunted from the start. now we are entering an era where we dont have cathedrals or tall buildings anymore. i have full faith in ubisoft though, as they havent failed before

side note, do you play mmorpg games anymore? i dont have much time these days with a family and all, but i still love to play games. guild wars 2 promises to be the WoW killer according to most people waiting for it. i mean hell they wont even say when they will release it yet. just "when its pristineand ready". you get races, classes, skills, etc all like usual, but also a map twice as big as it looks because you even have underwater abilities which are a completely different skill set to the ground combat. HOLY CRAP.

p.s. mudman, guess what little gift i gave myself with some tax money??? thats right, a droid razr max with case, screen protector, 16gb memory card, and ice cream sandwich OS! all for the sweet price of about 400....rather than the 900 that would all be retail, i got it from someone who didnt even activate the damn thing and wanted to ebay it! haha go me!

Nice device , damn good price even more so !!

You should post some speed tests from it.

As for the games , I'm more or less a shut in in the sense of games, I play single player all the time , in fact only once did I bother to get on a server and I can't remember which one , I stayed for maybe 5 minutes and out. :lol:

No I remember now , I played everquest, the first one , when was that , ten years ago at least, maybe more like 12 years ago. And I played a lot ! So much that the wife asked me to stop. Id'e stay up for a couple days and just stare at a screen jammin away lol

Nice device , damn good price even more so !!

You should post some speed tests from it.

As for the games , I'm more or less a shut in in the sense of games, I play single player all the time , in fact only once did I bother to get on a server and I can't remember which one , I stayed for maybe 5 minutes and out. :laugh:

No I remember now , I played everquest, the first one , when was that , ten years ago at least, maybe more like 12 years ago. And I played a lot ! So much that the wife asked me to stop. Id'e stay up for a couple days and just stare at a screen jammin away lol

been there but it was world of warcraft.... i was actually making money off the game i played so much and was in one of the top 5 guilds in the world

i'd play for 18-20 hours straight then sleep for 4-6 hours and do it again raids would last for 8-10 hours

i was like that in guild wars and diablo 2. awesome games.

and mudman, i still am on a 3g network as 4g isnt in my area yet. i get about the same as my droid x did. about 1.2 to 2.5mbps download is what i've seen and about half a meg upload is my most recent memory of one.