Auto detect location

I'm still debating in my head about that... I really want the main server to remain the benchmark. I'm nowhere near that server and I'm able to get a great, stable connection. Other people should too, as long as their providers are delivering what they say they are. The mirrors, are there to provide alternate locations to make sure routing to the main server isn't an issue.

... this just gave me an idea. I'll get back with you on that...

I'm still debating in my head about that... I really want the main server to remain the benchmark. I'm nowhere near that server and I'm able to get a great, stable connection. Other people should too, as long as their providers are delivering what they say they are. The mirrors, are there to provide alternate locations to make sure routing to the main server isn't an issue.

... this just gave me an idea. I'll get back with you on that...

lol yeah i thought about that too but then again all the servers are a great benchmark they are all top notch

I wanted to speak about the choices. I like the choices. Some times because of a routing problem. I am not able to get a good read from Dallas. It has nothing to do with the server. When I find that I use DC and it usually winds up what I am expecting. The same for Seattle since I am on the west coast. It gives me alternatives to show me that something is going on. Dallas seems to give me slower reads. I did Tracerouts of it. It shows I have lousy routing from here to Dallas. Therefore slower reads. I don't seem to have that with D C or Seattle. My Pings are better to them and my jitter is better to them.

I wanted to speak about the choices. I like the choices. Some times because of a routing problem. I am not able to get a good read from Dallas. It has nothing to do with the server. When I find that I use DC and it usually winds up what I am expecting. The same for Seattle since I am on the west coast. It gives me alternatives to show me that something is going on. Dallas seems to give me slower reads. I did Tracerouts of it. It shows I have lousy routing from here to Dallas. Therefore slower reads. I don't seem to have that with D C or Seattle. My Pings are better to them and my jitter is better to them.

happens to the best of us, every now and again i get routing issues aswell