Hang at "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection”

cwh803

Getting no further than "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection” with "100% complete" blue bar. Asking IE9 to "see source" of stalled page gets "Not Responding" sequence. Last successful use of testmy.net was 9 Oct 2011.

Maybe IE9 parameter(s). Added testmy.net to "Trusted Sites" and to "do not block pop-ups" lists, but still no success. Using different sized test files doesn’t get any further.

Advice needed.

IE9 9.0.8112.16421; Win 7 Home Premium

Getting no further than "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection” with "100% complete" blue bar. Asking IE9 to "see source" of stalled page gets "Not Responding" sequence. Last successful use of testmy.net was 9 Oct 2011. Maybe IE9 parameter(s). Added testmy.net to "Trusted Sites" and to "do not block pop-ups" lists, but still no success. Using different sized test files doesn’t get any further. Advice needed. IE9 9.0.8112.16421; Win 7 Home Premium

If the "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection" stays up you must not have javascript turned on in your browser. Return your browser to default settings and you should be able to run the tests just fine.

I just ran a test on my test bench using Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 9, ran just fine for me.

​The tests work great in IE but I recommend Firefox or Chrome -- simply put, they're just better browsers.

If the "One Moment... I'm Initializing Your Connection" stays up you must not have javascript turned on in your browser. Return your browser to default settings and you should be able to run the tests just fine.

I just ran a test on my test bench using Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 9, ran just fine for me.

​The tests work great in IE but I recommend Firefox or Chrome -- simply put, they're just better browsers.

working fine here in chrome

XV0ixFY.png

CA3LE,

I'm certain I have javascript enabled. It must be some other variable that changed since my successful use (Oct 2011) of testmy.net with IE9.

I tried putting testmy.net into my Trusted Zone to get the default "medium" IE9 Internet Option parameter values; still stalled. Then had success using www.speakeasy.net in my Internet Zone, which requires Flash I see, using the same IE9 that stalled on testmy.net.

Thanx for any further insight.

CA3LE,

I'm certain I have javascript enabled. It must be some other variable that changed since my successful use (Oct 2011) of testmy.net with IE9.

I tried putting testmy.net into my Trusted Zone to get the default "medium" IE9 Internet Option parameter values; still stalled. Then had success using www.speakeasy.net in my Internet Zone, which requires Flash I see, using the same IE9 that stalled on testmy.net.

Thanx for any further insight.

If you find what the problem is can you please let us know.

Best bet is to get a new browser to tell you the truth. Why is it that only IE seems to get so easily jacked up all the time? Nobody ever posts here saying, "I'm having problems with firefox (or chrome)." --- ever! I'm not giving your browser a very complex task here. It taxes the browser but it should be VERY easy for any browser to understand. If it has problems with what my tests are telling it to do... trust me, your browsing experience must be suffering elsewhere.

... my tests seem to break when your computer breaks, isn't that funny? :-P

• 2 months later...

"If you find what the problem is can you please let us know. "

CA3LE,

Good news; both up and down tests working again.

My environment still as described above, i.e. IE9 in Win7 Home 32bit. Known changes are Microsoft updates since February last.

CWH803