TriRyan or anyone else. Liquid Cooling.....

ninjageek

What happend to my post? HA. Anyway, Sorry, I forgot to add 10 or 15 c to the temps. Think it was core temp I was using. Seems like at least now a days, liquid vs air is kinda a debate. I have seen as well how air works just as well as liquid.

In the end, everyone uses there computer different, So IMHO its nothing more than a personal choice. For me, I want to see the fans working, The way I use my computer, Games and such, Fans work fine. I am running stock overclock 3.8. Its a setting I have in my computer.

For me, Yea Liquid sounded cool, and someday I may go back, In the end, found it was pointless. Found I did not like it as much as I thought I would. Just not impressed with stock coolers, Now custom coolers, They do work great. Run that bad boy through the cpu and video card. Your system is gonna cruse right along.

I have quit keeping an eye on my temps. Tried speedfan, couple of others, Wanted to find something to start with the computer and would sit in the task bar in windows 7, Never found anything that could or would read my temps right.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well wrong on 2 counts. I have windows 7 64 bit. Speed fan does work temp wise. The icon in the taskbar simply does not update like it should. Found through google, its a bug. If you hover your mouse over the taskbar Icon, it will give you the right temps. Double checked it with ausus its right.

I know whats wrong with my pump. Needs a new end that goes into the usb slot to run it. Probably wont fix it, But its around if someday the mood strikes. I will take it to computer repair shop let them fix it and test it. If the mood strikes.

The advantage to water cooling on a computer like yours is noise. That is why some people use water cooling on there HTPC computers. The last thing you want to hear when you are watching a movie or playing a game are the fans trying to cool your computer. It might not be to bad now,but when it gets hotter it might be a different story.

If you ever decide to hook up the water cooling again try these steps.

Hook the rad fan as a intake instead of a exhaust fan. That how Corsair recommends you do it.

Also you can hook up two fans to the rad. One push,One pull.

I use [Core Temp ] to check my temperature on my old AMD 4400+ computer. Some of the older Intel chips also have problems reading the CPU temperature right too. My Core2 quad never read the right temperature from the first day I started running it.

So totally agree buntz.

So my thoughts are out there , I don't believe in using any program to clock a proc, in any sense, I might have skimmed over what was going on in this thread , but that what I got. Maybe I'm off , but I remember reading the complexities that you went through ninjageek, and that's just too far for such a simple task. Unless of course I'm wrong , and you had felt over your head in the BIOS ?

And boot any program that is crap filled, all you need to know is what the temps are, that it ! If that bulb is bad hanging under the CPU ,. or it is crap from the factory , your screwed from the get go. Nothing will fix that.

Do everything in the BIOS , and turn that liquid cooled fan to full, if you cannot control the fan voltage with a dial , or a switch , make it happen , very simple thing to do, keep your juice clean and connection tight, simple and golden.

If you still don't want that thing , I might know someone who is interested.

I use the BIOS to overclock my CPU, always done it that way. I read that the motherboard company are doing a better job of software overclocking for the Sandy Bridge processor.

I do not know what water cooler he is using,but most have some kind of speed control for the fan. Unless you are overclocking and folding like I am I would just leave it on the lowest setting even if it runs a little warmer and enjoy the silent .

Core Temp does not use a lot of resources to run. Here is a picture of Core Temp running on my Laptop.

post-34200-0-27355100-1331145094_thumb.j

Whats that red stuff you spilt on your desktop , better get a towel lol

I suppose i might have been harsh saying keep the fan cranked up, where i should have said something such as when your gaming or streaming a movie across the network, or rendering an image or such.

Guess when I was into it I just wanted to use the tools closest to the core system as I could. I figured the further away it was , the more likely a % fault by the time it got to the GUI.

I have fan controllers on all my fans. There all set to high,that because I am folding at 100% CPU usage pretty much 24/7. [ Life got in the way, that is why I am not folding now,will be back next week ] I mounted the rad to the back of the computer case and my CPU temperature are running in the low 60c. I think I am going to put the rad back in the window. I still think 60c is not to bad when you consider I am folding at 100% with a overclock of 3712 Mhz.. Do not need a heater for that bedroom. :grin2:

In the summer I do lower the overclock to 3200MHz to keep my CPU temperature in the low 60C range. Even running the fans on the high setting my fans are not to loud. I am running Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 fans. The loudest fans are the video card fans. The GPU's are running around 80% usage when folding, so the fans are cranked up pretty good.

Going to get the paper towels now to clean up the red mess. :wink:

lol " red mess "

I am curious though , the radiator is metal fins right , so theoretically dropping this thing in a bucket of water, would keep the temps at ambient, thats after the water attenuated to the ambient temps. Keeping this thing in an inconspicuous area out of the sun and low ( low as the pump pressure would allow ) , would this give you a benefit in the heat of the summer ? I would think it would. If the water in the bucket was kept at a reasonable temperature.

Hell if a bucket of water in the room looks a bit like your trying to evaporate wine , grab something that looks like a planter or whatever. Keep a tight lid on it , and force the tubes through holes in the lid of the said " bucket "

The radiators are basely smaller version of car radiators or car heater cores. Most are copper, some are aluminum. The bucket may work if it is large enough to disperse all of the heat the computer generates .I think you will need a pretty big bucket. You will also have to keep a eye on the water level because of evaporation. .