Large Thin Mousepad

mudmanc4

I have not used a mousepad for years, besides being in the way because of thickness ( my mouse sits in front of the keyboard ) , there generally too small , and just crappy in every aspect. I try and use the keyboard for as much as i can. Helps the elbow movement all day.

I was using a standard slice of printer paper when i know I'll be using the mouse a lot, then the edge curls up , and thats it, flip it around until it starts again

So I'm thinking of getting a large pad, around 24 x 24 " , can be a little less, has to be thin, and not slide, I can't stand a siding mousepad.

I don't want to spend a ton on a silly mousepad, I might even look at another product, but if you have any idea's that would be great.

I looked at a few gaming pads, but there's no chance of me paying 30 bucks for this.

Thats exactly why I posted this topic RTB, To get idea's like that.

I'm thinking and outdoor clear coat on the desk, will be tough and much more resistant to constant scrapes of the mouse.

If there's any specific material that anyone knows of , or thinks might be a good alternative to a mousepad, I would not mind hearing it.

I have the microsoft trackball explorer v 1.0 , had it for years. After a carpal tunnel surgery and two elbow surgeries I'm limited in what I can use and what position.

The mouse I'm using now is setup very sensitive, I can get across two screens with roughly 2" of mouse movement. Because of the acceleration properties, and adjusting the properties of the mouse config files.

This is the mouse pad I use.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817114174

They make them all different sizes. Prices start at 11.99 to 21.99 for the 36" x18" x1/8" Pad. That pad should cover most of your desktop.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008654%2050001904%204093&IsNodeId=1&name=%2410%20-%20%2425

I like the cloth pads better then the plastic ones.

Says 0.1"

This should be thin enough, although 0.03125 is what I would prefer. Although 11" x 17" at 1/10th would likely be just fine, I don't want to get to particular, or I shouldn't get too particular, makes for coarse verbal intercourse. :lol:

The desk is approx. 6 ' x 42" , so yea, the larger would end up holding the everything. lol

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep the one you have in mind while I continue the search. And I understand you are satisfied with the mousepad , right?

I have the microsoft trackball explorer v 1.0 , had it for years. After a carpal tunnel surgery and two elbow surgeries I'm limited in what I can use and what position.

The mouse I'm using now is setup very sensitive, I can get across two screens with roughly 2" of mouse movement. Because of the acceleration properties, and adjusting the properties of the mouse config files.

In that case, I'm going to second getting a trackball. If you then fiddle with the orientation and placement of it you can very much limit any movement of your elbow and wrist, which should be beneficial for you. By the sound of it, you're not in a state anymore where you care for competitive gaming.

Holding the fingers up is what gets it. I can use the trackball, I use it on the KMV switch because it's not used regular. It's huge and has a lot of miles on it. Needs new ball bearings bad.

And coknuck thats a great idea. I'll look a bit more to where it's made.

Competitive gaming, well since Iv'e yet to this day get online and game against others, I suppose I'm not missing anything. :lol: I am working on adding a Lan Party section to the shop (if you can call it that right now lol ) so others can do it. Cushy couches, table for feet , fridge close by, large screen HD monitor and tons of well fed receptacles fed by a voltage regulator and cleaner.