So is OS X Lion worth it or wait for Mountain Lion ?

mudmanc4

Not many People use mAcs, many a dozen are so (kidding)..went to learn more about Lion at mac site and it wanted to Download Quick time? Why is that? Can I use Lion on my Pc to test? If Lion is so great, why isn't it the Number 1 Os in the World and Mac the leader in sales? of course Iam not bashing Mac (apple), I had one back in the late 80's early 90's??. the Small one, had a Serial number 0000001 and Steve Jobs (and friends) name embosed on the iinside of the plastic cover. Recall selling it on ebay for 100 bucks. Maybe should have kept it a little longer. WasThinking about buying a Mac (used) just to see whats new.. transition from an Elephant to a Lion want be easy, if not Impossible.post-86967-0-29280200-1331920035_thumb.j

:lol: alrighty then slowfreddy , yet again out of the blue I enjoy a smile , and it's your fault ! thank you

You can make a" hackintosh " if you so desire , this allows you to run OSX on your x86 machine. Although I've not done it , so I cannot say if it's worth the trouble.

Iv'e use apples on and off since roughly 1880 something, in the 5th grade we had a computer class in which were all the original macintosh machines. I might be wrong on the date, it's been 25 years or so.

Been a regular use for the last 5-7 years. As the releases come out , Iv'e learned to wait, this time i waited because the discussion leaned toward " the new OS looks like an iPad close. Which turned me off.

So aside my quirks, waiting long enough for any serious patches if needed, the time would be closing in on a decision to change, if I was going to at all.

I already do not like the fact that the OS comes from the app store. I know what there doing , or at least my idea, there trying to save billions on marketing paper plastic , shipping and everything that goes with releasing such a popular item for the world. Fine ,great , I'm all for forward thinking as Jobs always was, but please allow me to burn this thing to get a fresh install. Which I would normally do , when I feel like it to be blunt. Yes i know , I can burn the thing. Just bitching. feels good , and the wife appreciates me getting it out on something other than herself :)

Anyhow , looking for inout from those users that are already familiar with Lion. And those that have test driven mountain lion. Or hell also from those that want to know more about getting a much more stable , clean , faster , and all around lovely computing experience. hahaha

:laugh: alrighty then slowfreddy , yet again out of the blue I enjoy a smile , and it's your fault ! thank you

You can make a" hackintosh " if you so desire , this allows you to run OSX on your x86 machine. Although I've not done it , so I cannot say if it's worth the trouble.

Iv'e use apples on and off since roughly 1880 something, in the 5th grade we had a computer class in which were all the original macintosh machines. I might be wrong on the date, it's been 25 years or so.

Been a regular use for the last 5-7 years. As the releases come out , Iv'e learned to wait, this time i waited because the discussion leaned toward " the new OS looks like an iPad close. Which turned me off.

So aside my quirks, waiting long enough for any serious patches if needed, the time would be closing in on a decision to change, if I was going to at all.

I already do not like the fact that the OS comes from the app store. I know what there doing , or at least my idea, there trying to save billions on marketing paper plastic , shipping and everything that goes with releasing such a popular item for the world. Fine ,great , I'm all for forward thinking as Jobs always was, but please allow me to burn this thing to get a fresh install. Which I would normally do , when I feel like it to be blunt. Yes i know , I can burn the thing. Just bitching. feels good , and the wife appreciates me getting it out on something other than herself :)

Anyhow , looking for inout from those users that are already familiar with Lion. And those that have test driven mountain lion. Or hell also from those that want to know more about getting a much more stable , clean , faster , and all around lovely computing experience. hahaha

wow they had mac's in 1880? :P i have run hackintosh before it worked really well actually everything ran even photoshop which was supposed to be a pita to get working

it wasn't all that difficult to get installed either there are quite a few guides out there and if you buy hardware thats compatible you can even install vanilla mac, that wasn't the case with my hackintosh build

aside from hackintosh i don't have any experience with lion so i'll just post my screenshots and be on my way :P

post-3263-0-07049300-1331931789.jpg

post-3263-0-00875300-1331931795_thumb.jp

Ha... Ha lol yes , they has macintosh in the 80's , I had to look up the year when you said that to make sure I was really not 20 years younger then I thought :laugh:This guy right here is the one I started in school on <center>post-9745-0-02371200-1331940744.png</center>Got in trouble several times in that class, I was doing other things with the computer then the assignment lol

Sure would like to have one of these guy's to mess around with.

Iv'e use apples on and off since roughly 1880 something, in the 5th grade we had a computer class in which were all the original macintosh machines.

WOW you're really old!! :-P might wanna check those dates again hahahah

Yea people get rid of them on ebay and such. I generally just keep my eye's open, so many people use the membrane style. And don't want to hear the clacking.

I freaking love tactiles. when i see an old keyboard I hope it has alps and it's owner is ready and willing to let it go lol

• 4 weeks later...

I might be the only person that has had a bad experience with Lion, either way , a wasted 30 bucks. And will be removed from my machine as soon as I can take the time.

The longer I use it , the slower it gets. Seriously reminds me of ( what was the last windows rippoff ? ) Where you were expected to have a fresh from the shelve machine or you suffered physical resource issues. Each time the machine is restarted , it takes longer to boot, while streaming HD video from the net, the entire system is literally choppy. Where snow leopard was not.

I suppose when you make the move to the pretties instead of usability , you need more resources , in which is ridiculous.

I might be the only person that has had a bad experience with Lion, either way , a wasted 30 bucks. And will be removed from my machine as soon as I can take the time.

The longer I use it , the slower it gets. Seriously reminds me of ( what was the last windows rippoff ? ) Where you were expected to have a fresh from the shelve machine or you suffered physical resource issues. Each time the machine is restarted , it takes longer to boot, while streaming HD video from the net, the entire system is literally choppy. Where snow leopard was not.

I suppose when you make the move to the pretties instead of usability , you need more resources , in which is ridiculous.

welcome to windows vista

Have had none of those issues and I have done clean installs and upgrades. What mac are you running it on?

Late 07 macbook pro 2.4 4Gb 256 7200/500Gb

Runs fantastic as it always did under 10.6 , Iv'e reinstalled twice with 10.7 , once with the image I burned from the download , and once after installing 10.6 and doing it through the app store. Same trash.

Honestly I could care less at this point, I have things to do , instead of looking for a reason why one works great , and the new iPad operating system is fluking out on me. I have people telling me that I need to buy a new machine , or that I have issues with the hardware , anything but the reality.

• 2 weeks later...

My keyboad is marked on top with Microsoft and on the bottom it has in red letters 'health warning'...? "use of keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders"... I must have a good one? :)

:lol: Yes , you have the best that one of the largest computer organization in the world has to offer , and it may very well cripple you for life. As stated LMAO