ISP bumped me up 10Mb

mudmanc4

Iv'e had there 50 Mb down / # Mb up for around a year. They now offer 105 Mb down / 5 Mb up

So it seems they bumped us up from 50 to 60 Mb down and kept the up the same. I would grab the 105 Mb down , but not for 179.00 / month , not a chance with only 5 Mb up , no way. Hell if they would go 50 /50 , or 100 / 50 , Id'e jump on it in a minute. I'de host everything here instead of paying for a server elsewhere. I'm sure eventually this will become a reality.

Either way , nice surprise.

COEmrc1.png

Iv'e had there 50 Mb down / # Mb up for around a year. They now offer 105 Mb down / 5 Mb up

So it seems they bumped us up from 50 to 60 Mb down and kept the up the same. I would grab the 105 Mb down , but not for 179.00 / month , not a chance with only 5 Mb up , no way. Hell if they would go 50 /50 , or 100 / 50 , Id'e jump on it in a minute. I'de host everything here instead of paying for a server elsewhere. I'm sure eventually this will become a reality.

COEmrc1.png

that happened to me not to long ago the upload increased with my download but it was such a small increase it was kind of a joke

After I've used over 20Mb down on a clean line , really browsing is no different at 50 or 60 Mb, maybe a little snappier but that it. If there is an issue , there's an issue , and no amount of bandwidth will fix that lol

Sure am waiting for something with the upload to come in. Soon as they get there infrastructure opened up to allow symmetrical throughput , I would think we'll see it more broad spread. Of course thats just my assumption.

Of course there are still a few serious peering issues in the US. I wonder if this is a money thing , or if there are specific technical reasons why an otherwise great ISP , that supplies overall flawless connection, would have " dead zones " , ( dead zone used for effect ) lol

Hell then again , I remember using 56k , it was fine at the time , not many pretties on the net , code was teensy , and all this constant tracking and programs talking to each other , phoning home , updating , all on and on , was nearly non existent.

So it was fine , other than those that knew nothing of putting a smaller size image up , reducing the quality in lue of getting the browser to display it in a decent amount of time. I suppose I'll always want a little more speed, and I suppose as time goes , I'll get it , as well as need it due to so many factors in complexity.

COEmrc1.png

niiiice

• 2 months later...