Make My Upload Faster?

SlowFreddy

I have AT&T Max pro, the service is 18Mbs Down and 1.5 up. Download seems to be in good shape,usually around 15 Mbs, but the Upload never gets more than .950kbs and usually lower than that. I called them this morning , asked for a special deal (which I thought I was getting anyway), so.. ATT gave me a Special Promo of 39.95 a Month for one year. then it starts back at 53$. This connection is New ( two months), use for watching Movies and surfing. here are some specs:

Uverse two wire Copper to the House..runs into the Phone line .no phone in use.

NVG510 motorola gateway..set @ Port 4..100 Full Duplex

Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet..set 100 Full Duplex,,dns 8.8.8.8

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast ..AUTO..disabled (on board)

Gateway Firewall=off..using Windows n MSSE

Windows XP sp3

1.18 GIG Ram

AMD Sempron 3100

89.1 Gig HDD..free 71.

. Your Tweakable Settings Receive Window (RWIN): 340000 Window Scaling: 3 Path MTU Discovery: ON RFC1323 Window Scaling: ON RFC1323 Time Stamping: OFF Selective Acks: ON MSS requested: 1460 TTL: unknown TTL remaining: 33 TOS flags: none set 2. Test Download Actual data bytes sent: 1024001 Actual data packets: 703 Max packet sent (MTU): 1500 Max packet recd (MTU): 1470 Retransmitted packets: 0 sacks you sent: 0 pushed data pkts: 85 data transmit time: 0.934 secs our max idletime: 260.8 ms transfer rate: 813767 bytes/sec transfer rate: 6510 kbits/sec transfer efficiency: 100%

2DSrZYW.r1itjIK.png

DSL , explains why you would be averaging a bit lower than your cap.

How are the lines inside ? Many times they have been tapped into and have a few unethical connections over the years. Which can lead to a bit of packet corruption.

There are a few people that are really good with DSL on testmy.net, I hope they see this and give there idea's soon.

It's been some time for me using DSL so I would be a bit off. But make sure your filters are only on the phone side , not on the net end. Keep power lines away from the phone lines, and make sure all the connections are clean , inside lines are in good shape, and request a tech to come out and check the outside lines.

Tahnks for your responce.. don't know how far from the station, but I can go check tomorrow if you tell me what to look for. This is an old house but has that solid wire the telephone company use many years ago and last forever. The line to the street is about 100 feet and maybe 15 feet from the Box on the house (which is new) ATT installed it, to my Gateway. Can I check the line to the Gateway from the wall jack with a Meter? Have the common meter (volt, omn). All the lines from the street are new, only two months old. I'll check the connection.

it will a smallish building with a large generator outside, it's probably not the issue it may lie more with the modem although its motorola and i have the highest regard for their equipment it could be the modem or router or network card or even network cable that is causing the issue it might even be something on the software side of your pc such as a power saving profile for your network card

• 1 month later...

B8uQEI7.shGfuPT.png

called them.. download got better for some reason..upload no change for a 1.5 line. just a note..The people at AT&T were very courteous , polite and I could understand English words! dont know where that sub-station is, there an AT&T office switching station about one mile from me, maybe it's located in there. thx

B8uQEI7.shGfuPT.png

called them.. download got better for some reason..upload no change for a 1.5 line. just a note..The people at AT&T were very courteous , polite and I could understand English words! dont know where that sub-station is, there an AT&T office switching station about one mile from me, maybe it's located in there. thx

probably is DSL can travel only a mile or two from the station so that sounds like that's probably where it is

• 1 month later...
  • CA3LE locked this topic