What to do next, after the test?

QuotedForTruth

Hey, all! :wave: The bottom line is, my speed tests always show that comcast's speeds are below par. My question is, how do I use these speed tests to get comcast to increase / fix my speeds?

P.S. I've been down this road before, years ago with a different ISP. My download speed had dwindled down to between 5 - 19 kb/sec. I made calls every day of the week, each call lasting between half an hour to 45 minutes. I pointed one service rep to this site, and he asked, "How do you know testmy is more accurate than our speed test?" <_< (Um. Because testmy's results exactly mirrored the d/l speed shown in my browser's download window. And because I can do 2nd grade math).

Hey, all! :wave: The bottom line is, my speed tests always show that comcast's speeds are below par. My question is, how do I use these speed tests to get comcast to increase / fix my speeds?

P.S. I've been down this road before, years ago with a different ISP. My download speed had dwindled down to between 5 - 19 kb/sec. I made calls every day of the week, each call lasting between half an hour to 45 minutes. I pointed one service rep to this site, and he asked, "How do you know testmy is more accurate than our speed test?" <_< (Um. Because testmy's results exactly mirrored the d/l speed shown in my browser's download window. And because I can do 2nd grade math).

Well, you're seeing first hand that the tests that they send you to are in their favor... not yours.

... how to get them to fix it, show them your evidence. You can give them one of the many share links I offer...

post-2-0-09438700-1333305828_thumb.png

Go to your results and click "share and export"

post-2-0-35303000-1333305834_thumb.png

You can use any of these options to share your scores for your entire account. Or share individual scores with the link next to the score in your results...

Besides presenting the evidence and threatening to switch providers I don't know what to do. Usually that's enough to get them to fix the issue. But if it isn't, stick to your guns and get a new provider.

... The test that they're sending you to eliminates the Internet route by using one of their local servers. So of course you're going to get great speed. That's a good test for them but it doesn't tell you much about how your actual Internet is running. You're paying for Internet not local area network, right? Sometimes I hear them blaming my website... trust me, my servers definitely have more than enough bandwidth and are hosted were a large majority of the worlds websites are hosted. If you can't pull good speeds to any or all of those servers... your provider is most likely to blame. Have you tried testing on the east or west coast servers?

Good luck, thanks for your support. --- Isn't it funny how the results here "mirror" how your Internet is really running. :laughing7: because TestMy is really testing your connection.

Hey, CA3LE, thank you so much for your help! Just to be clear, it was a different provider that sent me to their speedtest, not my current ISP. (I changed companies after calling for a whole week). Ironically, comcast is the only other 'big fish' around here -- so my only switching choice would be the clowns I left in the first place. Ain't life grand? :P

Be that as it may, they don't have to know I'm not gonna switch. I'll send them my results and give them that little nugget to chew on. lol

Btw, I've always used the express test, I never chose a specific server.

Thank you again, I really aprpeciate this! LOVE this site, I've been recommending it for years! :thumbsup:

P.S. Just a little funny end to my story: I had cable installed at the end of the week, then called my old ISP to cancel their service. The rep said, "Oh, you've been with us for 2 years! We'd hate to lose you! We'll send a highly trained tech team out tomorrow, at your convenience!" lmao, really?? So, for a whole week, I had virtually unusable service, but NOW they're gonna send a special "tech team"? I envisioned a crew of Men In Black arriving at my door.

So there I was, browsing away with my new cable internet, and I said to the rep, "Miss, I already have cable." (Then she promised to deduct my week of non-service, future discounts, etc.) When I insisted on cancelling my service, she hung up rather rudely. I never got the prorated deduction, either. lolol

Wonder why she got all hot -n- bothered ? I mean if you ignore those that allow your company to thrive , eventually the pool of customers will dwindle. This is expected, or should have been.

And thanks ca3le for the new " select test size " on testmy.net home page , really is very useful and quick to set what speed I want to test.