centos 5.8 x86_64 why will you not install

mudmanc4

Suppose i need another set of brain cells on this.

I need centos 5 for something , has to be 64, none of my disks , be it dvd or cd , old , or fresh download will boot. Yet place a V.6 in and your golden.

what kind of errors are you getting?

Thus far,

1)

Anything (linux wise) burned with OSX Lion will not boot. Internal super drive, or external burner. Seems there is an issue with any apple machine made before 2008 , where the drives are rendered more or less useless once Lion is installed.

2)

Took the external drive that was connected to the Lion installation , connected it to two other machines locally , refuses to load up any disk. Possibly Lion made some configuration change to the drive ??

This issue is removing my ability to speak. If i figure out this multi layered issue soon , I won't be left to grunts , clicks and pops from the throat to communicate. I just keeps getting better :)

lol it could very well have updated or changed firmware on the drive

Thought had crossed my mind, at the same time I hardly think so. I mean if each time we connected a device to an operating system it changed the firmware , we'd have a lot of issues.

I did get another external dvd drive to burn a good disk. Only way the disk is usable this way , is if the disk utility is used directly. The contextual menu burns the disk , but leaves it in state that seems to not have closed out the session, and or changed the image format / type all on it's own.

At this point , the internal superdrive is useless for adding data to a disk. The issue was supposed to have an updated fix in 10.7.2 or .3 Since I grabbed the image from the app store just this past week , I have .3

Although I did extract the main image from the package before installing , and burned to a disk for a stand alone fresh install of Lion , this should not have made a difference, whether it does or not is yet to be seen , by me at the least lol