What's Up

browndog19

Noob here. I just upgraded to Cable internet a couple days ago (from 3 Mbps DSL) and have been using speediest.net forever. Somehow I stumbled across this site, and have kinda become obsessed :smiley: Lots of good info here, thanks!

I've been having some discrepencies between speediest.net and testmy.net (I understand this is normal) and will be posting in the appropriate forum. I run an all Mac system, even my routers are airport extremes so I could really use some help from you Mac heads out there!! :toothy6:

Thanks

Browndog

Hi!. I got up this morning and ran some online speed tests using speedtest.net and wi-tribe speed test to check my broadband connection speed. Well, as usual speedtest.net gave me 1.11 Mbps and 1.2 Mbps with Wi-tribe. With testmy.net. I usually get lower speed results (of which I believe it's true), but something different came out this morning. Testmy.net gave me a 1.4 Mbps! Wow! I'm just wondering why this is happening! Is testmy.net giving incorrect result this time? Or is this really my authentic broadband speed at this point in time!

Oscar

Hi!. I got up this morning and ran some online speed tests using speedtest.net and wi-tribe speed test to check my broadband connection speed. Well, as usual speedtest.net gave me 1.11 Mbps and 1.2 Mbps with Wi-tribe. With testmy.net. I usually get lower speed results (of which I believe it's true), but something different came out this morning. Testmy.net gave me a 1.4 Mbps! Wow! I'm just wondering why this is happening! Is testmy.net giving incorrect result this time? Or is this really my authentic broadband speed at this point in time!

Oscar

Well, nothing has changed on my end to make that happen. You can only assume that your provider is delivering better right now ;)