New member in Llano County, TX using WildBlue.

fmrusmcrntx

Great test site; our installers & techs supporting my ISP use it exclusively!! :cheesy: But I have a question...for the past 2 days, I'm no longer able to copy results of my tests to my clipboard!! :sad1: I've been using this feature to log daily results into a local text file on my system. Please, what's happened to that fine feature? And please, put it back for us, OK? Thanks much, best to all of y'all. :wave:

Thanks both tdawnaz & mudmanc4 for your quick replies. I watched this same anomaly happen day before yesterday (unable to put "Results" on clipboard to copy/paste) in the morning hours (0700-1200). Then it reappeared. Yesterday it was fine, I have the logs that I created. Today it's disappeared again. And unfortunately, "share & export" doesn't do the same thing, it simply provides a set of URL's back to the results....which is not really usable for creating a locally stored log such as I keep. Digressing a bit, I note that my results today in particular are PITIFUL compared to last Monday-Friday. Yesterday wasn't as good results-wise as the weekdays, but still better than I've seen today. Why? I expect that our WildBlue hosting is currently having tons of bandwidth used by kids (out of school for the wknd) playing video games or doing other high bandwidth usage activities. Oh well, it's what it is! :sad1: I expect that tomorrow will pick back up....and hopefully the "Results" will be back in place to support text copy/paste features. Thanks again, best to you both & to all the fine TestMy.net forum participants! :cheesy:

Thanks both tdawnaz & mudmanc4 for your quick replies. I watched this same anomaly happen day before yesterday (unable to put "Results" on clipboard to copy/paste) in the morning hours (0700-1200). Then it reappeared. Yesterday it was fine, I have the logs that I created. Today it's disappeared again. And unfortunately, "share & export" doesn't do the same thing, it simply provides a set of URL's back to the results....which is not really usable for creating a locally stored log such as I keep. Digressing a bit, I note that my results today in particular are PITIFUL compared to last Monday-Friday. Yesterday wasn't as good results-wise as the weekdays, but still better than I've seen today. Why? I expect that our WildBlue hosting is currently having tons of bandwidth used by kids (out of school for the wknd) playing video games or doing other high bandwidth usage activities. Oh well, it's what it is! :sad1: I expect that tomorrow will pick back up....and hopefully the "Results" will be back in place to support text copy/paste features. Thanks again, best to you both & to all the fine TestMy.net forum participants! :cheesy:

Yeah, I've been working. The old cut and paste method was incompatible with some new stuff I've added so I had to take it down. But I rewrote it today so it's back in action. Let me know if you have any problems. :) -- thanks for visiting, tell your friends!

-D

Yeah, I've been working. The old cut and paste method was incompatible with some new stuff I've added so I had to take it down. But I rewrote it today so it's back in action. Let me know if you have any problems. :) -- thanks for visiting, tell your friends!

-D

Thanks so very much CA3LE, it's back and working fine!!! :thumbsup: Great job, I love this website & the fine job that you & the other folks do; indeed I will tell my friends...though most of them already know thanks to our ctesc.net support folks & installers (We're hosted by WildBlue's new "Exede" package). Further, the test I just ran showed a remarkable improvement (2.1mbps up; 17.1mbps down) over tests I'd run earlier today!!! Yippee!!

Again, my sincere thanks & very best regards, keep up the great work! The old Marine in Llano County, TX, USA :cheesy:

OK, folks...here I am back again. Please understand I'm not trying to be "nit-picky"....but can we PLEASE STABILIZE this website? I just ran another set of tests (beginning @ 2045cdt) and once again, clicking on the "Details" button now does NOT provide the next most recent "Copied to clipboard" result. Rather, clicking on Details simply takes me back to the top of the webpage. Yet the tests I ran @ 1638-1539cdt DID provide such "Copied to clipboard" results. I'm not understanding at all; if I had a problem with my browser (IE8 running under WinXP Pro SP3, current patch level) or security software/firewall (GFI/Sunbelt Vipre Internet Security 2012), I'd think that the problem would be consistent? But it's not. FYI, I'm copying/pasting in following the results of my last two sets of upload/download information from my logs. Plz note the difference in the most recent is due to my manual "copy/paste" of what I see in the small results box in the lower left corner of the page. Following is the content of my logs as stated:

Immediately following, Result “Details” button again NO LONGER WORKING as of 2035cdt; was working at 1639cdt! 

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::

Download Connection:: 17476 Kbps or 17.1 Mbps

Download Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes

Download Speed:: 2185 kB/s or 2.1 MB/s

Tested At:: http://TestMy.net version:12

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/BVgaGoe

Test Time:: 2012-05-20 20:37:22 Local Time

1MB Download in 0.47 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~8 Minutes - 312X faster than 56K

This test of exactly 12288 kB took 5.625 seconds to complete

Running at 249% of hosts average (Wildblue Communications)

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident

:::.. Upload Test Results ..:::

Upload Connection:: 2098 Kbps or 2 Mbps

Upload Test Size:: 2.9 MB or 2992 kB or 3063420 bytes

Upload Speed:: 262 kB/s

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/Tpj1q7u

Test Time:: 2012-05-20 20:35:21 Local Time

1MB Upload in 3.91 Seconds - 1GB Upload in ~1 Hours - 37X faster than 56K

This test of exactly 2992 kB took 11.406 seconds to complete

Running at 345% of hosts average (Wildblue Communications)

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::

Download Connection:: 17380 Kbps or 17 Mbps

Download Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes

Download Speed:: 2173 kB/s or 2.1 MB/s

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/vJbEiDn

Test Time:: 2012-05-20 16:39:56 Local Time

1MB Download in 0.47 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~8 Minutes - 310X faster than 56K

This test of exactly 12288 kB took 5.656 seconds to complete

Running at 200% of hosts average (Wildblue Communications)

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

:::.. Upload Test Results ..:::

Upload Connection:: 2101 Kbps or 2.1 Mbps

Upload Test Size:: 2.9 MB or 2992 kB or 3063420 bytes

Upload Speed:: 263 kB/s

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/80lLyOR

Test Time:: 2012-05-20 16:38:45 Local Time

1MB Upload in 3.89 Seconds - 1GB Upload in ~1 Hours - 38X faster than 56K

This test of exactly 2992 kB took 11.391 seconds to complete

Running at 327% of hosts average (Wildblue Communications)

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

One may note the difference in the data contents above; the info following the word "Trident" is not present in the two most recent results at the top of this "paste" because it's impossible to copy past what word in the small box lower left of window.

Thanks again, I greatly appreciate your fine website & what you provide us. But please give us some stability here or let me know what I'm doing wrong (or what may be occuring) on my end. Very best regards, the old Marine in Llano County, TX, USA :)