What browser is the fastest?

AngryHulk

I still like Firefox, but have been using Chrome most often lately as I like how easy it is to log into it thru my existing Google acct and my bookmarks follow me around between PC's and it is quite fast for my uses.

This is something that just consistently swaps around. Chrome is the "fastest" next month it will be Safari 6 and who knows the month after that.

I personally use Safari and Chrome can't stand IE or Firefox plus webkit based browsers tend to be more stable and quicker.

I bounce between Opera and chrome. Like opera because its easy to customize it more to your liking. Example, with right click, I can open notepad, open the page in any other browser I choose. Like someone else said, Next month, or the next release, the better browser will change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far its Firefox 13. IE I can take it or leave it. I don't really like anything made by Google.There too much into information for my liking.

Chrome works well for sure, but triggers the hell out of the firewall constantly while using it. Pain in the ticker.

Chrome works well for sure, but triggers the hell out of the firewall constantly while using it. Pain in the ticker.

If "enable phishing and malware protection" are checked it will give you fits. Since I unchecked mine I don't have those problems. Its automatically activated with and update!

post-2180-0-24690500-1343164794_thumb.jp

If "enable phishing and malware protection" are checked it will give you fits. Since I unchecked mine I don't have those problems. Its automatically activated with and update!

Gotcha. However it's a stand alone firewall called little snitch. I'll run it later and show what url's are being snared.

who can see Milli seconds ?

I use Firefox v14.01, I like the way it handles fav tabs , as a back up I have I.E.8 ,

I have an aversion to google full stop , just don't like the phone home stuff ,

for me doing UK speed tests on a 40Gbt line , maybe I.E 8 is a few Kbits faster ,

but I ain't loosing sleep over that .

who can see Milli seconds ?

I use Firefox v14.01, I like the way it handles fav tabs , as a back up I have I.E.8 ,

for me doing UK speed tests on a 40Gbt line , maybe I.E 8 is a few Kbits faster ,

but I ain't loosing sleep over that .

I think if you really spent some time on it , you would be surprised at how much any newer operating system and all it's 'goodies' , are phoning home , and the many connections it's has at any given moment.

Nice connection for you finally ! Glad to see you get it :)

Wether you like it or not. Everything "phones home" now. Its not just google and web browsers. Every OS (Computer or Phone) does it just about every application does it now. Phone apps can send crazy amounts of information back with out you ever knowing.

Wether you like it or not. Everything "phones home" now. Its not just google and web browsers. Every OS (Computer or Phone) does it just about every application does it now. Phone apps can send crazy amounts of information back with out you ever knowing.

Indeed , but most are stopable , either by a soft firewall or hacking out the updater , or using Services. msc

not sure about Phones though , fortunatly I don't own one since I retired , the last one took a hike into the garbage bin that day , LOL

Yes you can stop some or most of the network traffic I agree, the problem is so many applications now are tied to something somewhere else, people think they want this ' I can access it from anywhere ' thing.

So many times you limit the functionality by blocking the arguments.

• 6 months later...