No graph on results page but data appears OK

Woodlane

The graph has never displayed on my IE8. It displays with Firefox, Crome, and Opera.

This is off topic but may be related:

I've tested TestMy speeds daily at different times of the day for a few weeks with IE8, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

IE8 speeds are always much faster than Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

TestMy speeds with Firefox, Chrome and Opera are alway the same or very close as Speedtest.net and Speakeasy.net.

May be related?

Working OK now. All I did was reset my notebook again. My connection has been a bit sluggish bringing up the results page lately, so maybe my connection could have been causing the problem....

Good to hear :) -- I hope your connection gets sorted.

The graph has never displayed on my IE8. It displays with Firefox, Crome, and Opera.

This is off topic but may be related:

I've tested TestMy speeds daily at different times of the day for a few weeks with IE8, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

IE8 speeds are always much faster than Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

TestMy speeds with Firefox, Chrome and Opera are alway the same or very close as Speedtest.net and Speakeasy.net.

May be related?

I haven't had any reports of it not working. It may be an issue with the browser. I just checked it in IE and it was working perfectly. I'd really like to know why it wouldn't load... but if I can't duplicate the problem it's very hard for me to solve.

Realize that TestMy.net is as much of a browser test as it is an internet speed test. Different browsers perform differently and can vary from version to version. Most speed tests are passively ran in the browser, TestMy.net really puts it to the test... if the browser don't hold up, neither will the test results. The results from TestMy.net can definitely point to misconfigurations in your OS as well as browser settings. My recommendation is to stick with the browser that not only performs best with my tests... but also feels faster. In my experience, IE in some cases runs faster... but actual browsing doesn't feel as snappy as Chrome or Firefox. It's all personal preference.

... the graphs here are based on very popular javascript libraries. (not saying there isn't bugs... there is ALWAYS bugs in programming even if Jesus is at the keys) It's highly compatible. If it's not loading, it may be something messed up with the browser.... and it may be causing other things to not load properly. Stick with a webkit browser like Chrome, Firefox or Safari :wink: -- your online experience will be best with those. Now, in the future... who knows... it changes all the time. ... as for IE, it seems to be sensitive and I often hear complaints about it being broken in some way or another.

Good to hear :) -- I hope your connection gets sorted.

I haven't had any reports of it not working. It may be an issue with the browser. I just checked it in IE and it was working perfectly. I'd really like to know why it wouldn't load... but if I can't duplicate the problem it's very hard for me to solve.

Realize that TestMy.net is as much of a browser test as it is an internet speed test. Different browsers perform differently and can vary from version to version. Most speed tests are passively ran in the browser, TestMy.net really puts it to the test... if the browser don't hold up, neither will the test results. The results from TestMy.net can definitely point to misconfigurations in your OS as well as browser settings. My recommendation is to stick with the browser that not only performs best with my tests... but also feels faster. In my experience, IE in some cases runs faster... but actual browsing doesn't feel as snappy as Chrome or Firefox. It's all personal preference.

... the graphs here are based on very popular javascript libraries. (not saying there isn't bugs... there is ALWAYS bugs in programming even if Jesus is at the keys) It's highly compatible. If it's not loading, it may be something messed up with the browser.... and it may be causing other things to not load properly. Stick with a webkit browser like Chrome, Firefox or Safari :wink: -- your online experience will be best with those. Now, in the future... who knows... it changes all the time. ... as for IE, it seems to be sensitive and I often hear complaints about it being broken in some way or another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your reply and feedback CA3LE. The graph is indeed handy for those who prefer it. However, whether it loads is not an issue for me, I do not use it. I identify the browsers I am testing with different icons, then just view my historical results which is handy for me. Also my chosen icons stand out for me to see in "live results''.

Maybe IE8 is giving me far better/faster TestMy speed results (IE8 runs the test like a rocket) due to the graph never having been displayed in my IE8 freeing up the browsers resources. However IE8 for general browsing does not "feel faster or feel as snappy" as Chrome and Firefox. My IE8 just makes all my TestMy speed test results seem unusually inflated compared to other browsers, SpeedTest.net, SpeakEasy.net, and my AT&T advertised 12Mbps (with a 'fine print variance' of 10Mbps - 13Mbps). TestMy on my IE8 shows test as high as 14Mbps, and always consistently around 13Mbps.

I like and agree with your "ALWAYS bugs in programming" comment.

I have just been curious not critical since I first started using TestMy, as to why IE8 is showing me speed results that are unusually higher than I have ever seen in 8 years, way higher. :icon_study:

Rob

"as for IE, it seems to be sensitive and I often hear complaints about it being broken in some way or another."...I am not surprised since this is a Microsoft application.

I usually use Firefox 13.0.1. I find that IE and sometimes Firefox act up especially when there are a lot of TCP Delays caused by 'traffic shaping'. The 600mS+ latency of satellite might also be a factor for me.

When I get the time I will be moving to a Linux setup for monitoring. My hope is that sometime in the deep future rural high speed access reliability will be prdictable like picking up the phone or accessing my satelite TV programming.

"I have just been curious not critical since I first started using TestMy, as to why IE8 is showing me speed results that are unusually higher than I have ever seen in 8 years,"

Possibly 'traffic shaping". I find that the ISP is able to adjust speeds dependent on the application. Typically time-dependent apps like VoIP are less affected than file transfer aps like FTP and BitTorrent. This is why I use these speed tests as tools to look at connection speeds when I experience sluggish performance. Sometimes there is a lot of disk access going on slowing my notebook unrelated to my broadband connection.