Microsoft error on a linux machine

mudmanc4

First one to guess why I get this error wins a plus one. It's a linux box , and the error comes when trying to update bulletin from 4.2.0 => 4.2.0 PL2

gallery_1_2_136313.png

The complete error code(s) lol

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

SponsoredContent.Web.Frontend.Areas.plugins.Utility.PluginUtilFactory.GetPluginUtil(HttpSessionStateBase session) +52

SponsoredContent.Web.Frontend.Areas.plugins.Controllers.IndexController.Index() +49

lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +79

System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +264

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +39

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +129

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +826410

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +314

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +825632

System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +159

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +335

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +62

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +20

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +54

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +469

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +375

you running mod_asp or mono?

That's the thing , I'm running neither. Nor am I running xsp server.

I checked httpd~ modules and nothing , I see no soft links , and Iv'e looked in the php.ini of each virt directory and nothing.

I'll admit I was not familiar with mod_mono or mod_asp other then remembering reading somewhere about hosting ms pages on linux some time ago. And the ticket I placed with VB and he asked the same thing. So is it possible that within vbulletin ( since I let that software run itself ) someone or something got creative ?

Still looking for a way to detect this sever wide , since there's quite a bit on that server it might be a bit time consuming to not use a find command or something.

thanks for the reply on this TriRan

No problem the only reason I asked is because I run mod_mono in Apache on one of my production machines and I've seen errors like that before that is definitely an asp error that you would only see if mod_mono or mod_asp were being called its really strange in the vbulletin structure are there any dlls or asp pages or is there any. Htaccess files that could be trying to do something with asp?

Iv'e grabbed another VPS without any panel of any type ( I hate them anyhow ) , so I'll make a database server out of it and relieve some stresses on the main server. It's difficult enough to optimize an x86_64 server with 512 Mb ram , on top that try running a heavily modified version of apache and sql 5.3 , between plesk and sql server it eats nearly 400 Mb itself. This should take care of all of it.

In the meantime still looking for the reason for this crazy shit , since i do not run either. My thoughts stay the same , vbulletin directory permission issue somewhere. Iv'e always disliked it from the time i payed too much for it. Sloppy un- organized clunky resource hog ( the bitch got back ) lol

i recent'y has to commit a cardinal sin and buy a windows VPS to host an API for a project i'm hosting it is only going to have IIS running for the AP since entity framework in mono isn't supported yet

Yea well sometimes you have to do things that you know well don't forward normal thinking :lol: