• Bluehost
    • Justhost
  2. 2. Best domain registrar

• Tucows
    • eNom
    • godaddy
    • networksoultion
    • Hover the old (ThePlanet)

List your hosting provider and your experience with them , good or bad .

Iv'e created a poll with a few of the most popular by name domain registrars and hosting providers, if yours is not up there when you post it , It will be added.

Any and all experiences are welcome.

The planet doesn't exist anymore. Softlayer bought them.

For domain registration. Hover is really good.

Yea I just figured that out. I'm looking to get away from go daddy on several .us domains and quite a few .co , as they've more then doubled there registrar fee's i one year.

After reading eh massive amounts of issues people are having with hover I'm a bit skeptical . And still doing initial investigations as if I can even use them as a registrar , or if they only serve soft layer .

I would use tucows for them all , but they do not handle .co or .us

Hence , looking for a decent registrar

i've only ever used godaddy to register my domains so i can't really comment on who the best is.

as i started out i was using a friends company for web hosting then i realized what control i could have over the website if i hosted it myself so i began to host my own

i've used quite a few VPS providers but am currently using ChicagoVPS they have been really solid and their machines are extremely fast and offer free backup

Thanks for the input guy's.

Since most of the domains I have are auto renew , I wasn't watching. Seems last year about this time verisign increased the costs by roughly 0.50 , so registrars are jacking up everything. And the .co's have gotten highly sought after , so now I'll be paying roughly 30.00 each per year , and the .us's are about the same give or take.

Promotes me to get that eNom reseller account i need to anyhow. Since IPB has implemented this within nexus I planned on it.

Anyhow , I wish tucows would hold the .us and .co's , I have dozens of .net .com's with them and never had any issues at all , and at 12 bucks overall you can't beat it. Although chances of this going up are increasing all the time. Getting rid of the domain squatters might be a good thing. Since everything is taken up and parked , no content , nothing, it send many things in a funky direction , and puts many wen entrepreneurs in a tough position.

Look at it this way, I have a customer that Iv'e been building an ecommerce suite for , they sell hand made in USA dog products , such as pillow , and beds , nicknaks of all sorts. Her legal company name is taken by a squatter, which wants $6000.00 for the domain. So I went to a .us domain and boom , 30 bucks lol .