Is TestMy.net affiliated with any providers?

CA3LE

Is testmy.net owned or affiliated with Hughesnet?

Hey Tom,

No, TestMy.net is not owned or affiliated with any ISP in any shape or form. I am the sole owner, operator and programmer.

Thanks for visiting, I hope you like what I have.

- Damon Mueller

is cable1 still part of this site

Hey Jeremy,

No, they never were... nor were any providers. I am and always will be independent from the providers. I believe that the testing system becomes flawed when the ISPs are involved. The results become bias because they want things to run on their servers... Many ISPs have tried to get me to run my tests on their servers. I tell them, "Sorry, that's not how the Internet works..." -- I would be lying to people if my tests ran that way. It's basically like testing your connection within your home and patting yourself on the back when you get an A+ --- that doesn't mean your connection is good, testing outside of your providers network, like TestMy.net does, provides what I believe is a more fair assessment.

In short... TestMy.net is an unbiased option independent from the Internet Providers and I intend to keep it that way.

... trust me, I'd make allot more money if I let them be "involved" -- but it violates my ethics. If you catch my drift.

- Damon Mueller

- TestMy.net