Looking to host a speed test using TestMy.net's engine

CA3LE

Do you have an API or some other method of calling your speed test through a program?

Hello Fereydoun,

Not currently but that is on my to-do list this year. It's going to be sweet. Keep checking back and make sure your account is signed up to get admin emails because as soon as that's finished that will go out in a mailer for sure.

Shortcut to edit your notification options >> https://testmy.net/ip...a=notifications --- although I don't think you're signed up yet >> https://testmy.net/register

Cheers,

- Damon Mueller

- TestMy.net

I just signed up. Any idea about the time frame?

That could be 6 months. I'm not really sure on that one... sometimes I surprise myself though and knock stuff out way faster than expected. Just keep visiting. :wink:

- Damon

This question was submitted in January 2012. As of Late August 2012 this has yet to be released but I currently have plans on the table and this project is a top priority. Look for this to possibly be released in beta format in first quarter 2013.

Does testmy.net offer its speed througput server Internet/Network service providers? If so, please, could you provide a sales contact person that I can call or e-mail?

Thanks,

Thomas G.

Lead Sr. Network Architect

FairPoint Communications, NNE

Hi Thomas,

Right now, no. But I am building an API that will give anyone the ability to create their own speed test using any server. It will be branded for your company and fully customizable. Did you want me to contact you as soon as I'm finished?

Providers around the world are contacting me for custom testing solutions, I just need to build it. Easier said than done. With each email like yours the priority definitely grows... but I have to take my time in planning or I'll have to redesign it all again later. ...maybe one day I will have a team team for some extra fingers.

Thanks for visiting! And thank you for your interest.

- Damon Mueller

- TestMy.net

Hi,

I am interested in bringing your speed test to UK.

Please contact me on XXXXXX

I am in London.

Richard ______ director

Hi Richard,

I'm taking time off from heavy programming this summer. But when I return in the fall one of my first priorities is giving other webmasters the ability to use what I've built on their own servers. I'll have multiple levels of service to suit whatever your needs are... free and paid versions. It takes time to do things the right way and I'm only one person so please be patient. It is right down the road, I've received hundreds of emails from all over the globe... people want it, yesterday... I just need to build it. Funny thing is, in 2005 I had a system for testing off remote servers but I felt the programming behind it was weak and too difficult to expand upon. So I started from scratch... it's taken me many years of solid dedication to get it to a state that I'm ready to share again. Sometimes to move forward, you must first move backward.

Thank you for your interest in my site, I'll add you to my list and contact you as soon as I release and API or other way to help you create your own TestMy.net... it's going to be very cool.

Cheers,

- Damon Mueller

- TestMy Net LLC

Hi Damon

Glad to have your email response and send my kind regards your dedication on your product!.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking for a new speedtest to place on a server at (ISP name removed for privacy) is there a version that can run on a linux server in apache for our customers?

thanks

Scott xxxxxx

Hi Scott,

Actually, I'm in the middle of building this. Everything is essentially built but it's for my own use... I'm packing it up for configuration and use by others and should start offering it soon. You'll be able to use my exact testing engine but you'll have the ability to brand it for your company. I will have a free, ad supported version and a paid version with more controls. This will be able to be ran on any server with php and mySQL support. I personally have always run linux with apache and mySQL so that will be the preferred setup actually.

I have a few things to do before I can release this. I want to build an admin control panel so that people can build it the way they want without programming knowledge. I then need to compile the code so I am sure that my intellectual property is protected. I'm willing to release my code for others to use but only if I'm still holding the keys. I have truly unique methods and I've worked most of my life on this so I obviously don't want people to know how I do everything. So Zend or SourceGuardian will also be required to be installed on the host server... not sure yet which I will use. Both have loaders that are free, with simple installs for anyone with enough knowledge to want to host a speed test.

Give me some time, it's my top priority right now. I have a long list of ISPs and individuals that have requested this over the years. I'll add you to that list and as soon as I've made it available I'll contact you to let you know.

Cheers,

- Damon Mueller

Thanks for the update, I really like the way your speed test looks and it is accurate.

thanks

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

Have an awesome day!