Disassociate iTunes from opening with IR remote

CA3LE

It was driving me insane that iTunes kept popping up every time I hit play on my apple IR remote. After some research I found that you actually have to patch the rcd daemon to disable this. Luckily someone named NoMitsu created a very simple patch to resolve this apple annoyance.

... many of the links out there pointing to this file result in a 404 error however so I wanted to give people an alternative download to hopefully help some people out.

MMFix.dmg

Very simple and straight forward process...

post-2-0-30417300-1345935683.png post-2-0-49833300-1345935694.png

You can also revert the changes simply by reopening the application...

post-2-0-14077700-1345935721.png

For those of you like myself that prefer VLC or another media player over iTunes and use the IR Remote this patch will alleviate the headache of iTunes popping up, ruining your movie every time you hit the play button. ...seriously Apple, you couldn't put an option for that. Wasn't Microsoft sued for something similar... forcing users to use their application. The end user should have a choice of how they want to use their computer! (without having to patch or hack system files). At any rate, I've used this simple yet effective patch and it works beautifully.

Thats fantastic! If I ever enable the remote I'll take another look at this.

Ahhh, it's sooooo much better now! I just wish I would have taken the time to fix it a long time ago. I might have used the remote more up until this point. I got it and it annoyed me so I kinda forgot about it for a while. I've got my Mac mini in my living room right now and have been watching a lot of movies on it so I was like, "THAT'S IT! Time to fix this!" -- I have my Mac's speak dialog box info so even though it was popping up behind my movie it was like, "Excuse me, iTunes needs your attention." -- "AHHHHH! Son of a..." -- made even more annoying because I had the batteries out of my trackpad and keyboard (baby needs are eating up all my batteries... I need to get more in the mix). So I had to pull out the laptop or run to my iMac and remote desktop to fix it... screw that! I just wanted to pause to get a damn drink and now I've wasted all this time... I knew there had to be a solution. Just disappointed that Apple doesn't just put an option in the system or iTunes preferences.

Baby needs -n- batteries

Sounds like a great movie title lol

Been there, I've adopted rechargeable sets. AA and AAA are always on a charger. The magic mouse only eats two every 3-5 weeks give or take, but everything else is a constant evolution of newly charged alternating layers of putty like chemicals not too friendly with oxygen lol

Baby needs -n- batteries

Sounds like a great movie title lol

Been there, I've adopted rechargeable sets. AA and AAA are always on a charger. The magic mouse only eats two every 3-5 weeks give or take, but everything else is a constant evolution of newly charged alternating layers of putty like chemicals not too friendly with oxygen lol

I have a bunch of these awesome iGoGreen rechargeable alkaline batteries... but I need to get more. The good thing about those is they're 1.5v not 1.2v so for my wireless headphones they are especially good and help deliver more bass... but many other devices benefit from the full 1.5v too. I highly recommend that brand, they've been working great for me for the past 8 months or so... I intend to buy more from them.

When these guy's render their last bit of useful juice, I'll start a thread and ask where the H. E x 2oothpicks this thread is lol

Iv'e got a few energizers and a few cannon lithiums, been around for years, use them all day every day , alternating the four, for the mizel , and whatever else gets to enjoy the benefits.