Exportting speed test results to share with my ISP

CA3LE

I have been trying to download, copy, save as a picture or excel doc, all of my results for the last 3 weeks so can send them to Charter, but the programs I am using (MS) all seem to lock up when trying to perform any of these steps. Also, when I can copy some of the information, I cannot remove the hyperlinks. I have been at this for over an hour trying to figure a way to do this, as your sharing and exports functions do not work on the website.

Hi Bakerjm,

I was just able to download and open the csv file created by the export function on my own computer without an issue. The file created is a simple CSV or comma separated value file. There isn't much to go wrong there but weird things can always happen. If you're having a hard time opening in excel you could try opening with any text editor.

Send me the file that the site created for you and I'll look into it and see if there's an issue.

Another thing to try is to just share your stats URL with them. >> https://testmy.net/quickstats/Bakerjm -- If you want to only send them a small portion of your stats you can query your stats using any of the filtering options (for instance, by entering "21" days)... once you've got your query locked in and the page is showing the stats you want to share click the "Share & Export" button, then click "Share this Query". An example of this, outputted from my own stats results in the following URL >> https://testmy.net/st...7&l=250&q=CA3LE which you can then share with your provider. This way they're able to see graphs and everything that you see. The export function is only raw data in CSV format and has no graphics.

If you want to share your last 21 days going back from today here's the link https://testmy.net/st...l=250&q=Bakerjm

Let me know if this works for you,

- Damon

The problem is that when I click on the export link, it says copied to clipboard. No file is generated or opened. But if I try to paste anything from the clipboard, the file & program I use, no matter which one I open or even when trying to paste into an email, locks up the program and computer. There is no CVS file created, no opened file, and no file format displayed.

Also, when I try to email the page, the only thing that loads up in the email is a table with charter and connection IDs in it. Nothing else, no graph, no stats, no dates, etc.

Hi Joe,

You actually don't email the page... email the link. Just send them the following...

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=08312012&x=21&l=250&q=Bakerjm
[/CODE]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=arial]I actually may have found a bug... funny that that wasn't doing it for me, no matter how hard I tried but I'm used to weird stuff like that.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial]See the screenshots... [/font][/color][/size]

post-2-0-88958700-1346444660_thumb.png

post-2-0-59485900-1346444656_thumb.png

[size=4][color=#000000][font=arial]If you click export to CSV is should generate a file NOT copy to clipboard. But the other buttons are intended to work that way. I'm going to go into extended detail on how all the sharing functions work, I share these questions with my community.[/font][/color][/size]

1. [size=4]First enable sharing by clicking "Share & Export"[/size]
  2. [size=4]You will notice that under the MAX and AVG there are buttons that say Bare Image and BBC code. Those will copy text to your clipboard that you can then paste wherever you'd like... that then creates an image on the fly. If you didn't specify date or days those images will automatically update as you test at TMN.[/size]
    • [size=4][color=#666666]Bare Image URL is simply the image URL, unformatted.[/color][/size]
    • [size=4][color=#666666]BBC Code or Bulletin Board Code generates the proper formatting for pasting into most forums online.[/color][/size]

[*][size=4]To share the entire page/query click "Share This Query" and the page URL will be copied to your clipboard. [color=#999999]I do it this way because you can't always just copy the URL from the address bar... If you just click "Your Results" you can but if you've specified date or days the URL in the address bar will direct you to the member stats page instead. I could make it where people could copy the address bar but using the link provided by "Share This Query" also makes the URL shorter by renaming variables and removing unnecessary variables in the URL... the URLs would be very long if I didn't do it that way. In the near future when I rewrite the sharing functions I'll be including a url shortening service that will make the URLs super short (e.g. [i]testmy.net/Bakerjm/q1[/i] instead of [i]testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=08312012&x=21&l=250&q=Bakerjm[/i]).[/color][/size]

[*][size=4]If you want to export your results for your own database manipulation or whatever click "Export CSV" and that will open a program that pulls your specified query and outputs a CSV file.[/size]

[*][size=4]Copy to clipboard function requires flash. If the buttons don't copy to your clipboard you can always select the text below the button and copy manually.[/size]

[size=4]I'm fairly sure the link for CSV export works for you now. Please let me know either way. Something looked to me like it had a possibility of crossing... just funny when it doesn't happen in every instance. You're the first to mention this and I haven't reworked that since about February... so it was definitely not happening very often. But really, if I was you... I would just send them the link. They're going to be able to visually process the information much easier by seeing the graph... CSV is just raw data.

[color=#000000][font=arial]By the way, Thank You for your service to our country.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial]- Kind Regards, Semper Fidelis,[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial]- Damon Mueller[/font][/color][/size]