My speed will not improve...

DarkExhile

I'm on Cable from Mediacom, and anyone here who uses them realizes what crap they really are. Anyways, heres my current download and upload speed:

(Download):

Your connection is: 2876 Kbps      (about 2.9 Mbps)

You downloaded at: 351 KB/s

Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 3077 Kbps :: 376 KB/s (7% overhead factored)

Bottom Line: You are running: 51 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 2.92 second(s) 

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 32.78 % faster than the average for host (mchsi.com)

(Upload):

Your connection is: 269 Kbps      (about 0.3 Mbps)

You uploaded at: 33 KB/s

Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 288 Kbps :: 35 KB/s (7% overhead factored)

Bottom Line: You are running: 5 times faster than 56K and can upload 1 megabyte in 31.03 second(s) 

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 21.72 % faster than the average for host (mchsi.com)

I tried using Cablenut, and speedguides TCP Optimizer, but they only seem to SLOW my connections speed. I didn't know if I was selecting a wrong setting or what... but I used Vans cablenut settings, and it seems to be working for everyone else... BUT ME. Thats kind of silly.

Whatever the case, can someone, specifically Van, give me any suggestions on what I should do and what settings I need to use in order to see faster results? Thanks!  :D

you are hitting the cap i bet.. 3000/256 is going to be your cap.. it seems like your node might have high traffic.  My guess is that Mediacom will improve once they get the funds.. or comcast will buy them out  :lol: