TY Firefox- U just borked me

mudmanc4

Started using FF again last week after many years of what I felt was straying away from actually what a basic browser should be.

I cannot stand safari right now , until I find the hack to give me back the option to search or hit a static IP that I choose. Screws up the way I have my local network put together.

Anyhow did an update two days ago ( UN voluntarily I might add ) yes my fault I should have checked that when I installed the flipping thing.

What do I get ? All the imports from safari and other browsers, are toastmaster , no auto complete ( nav bar ) items are cached, I rely on this heavily, as i frequently throughout the day run between the same sites, and have gotten used to typing just the first two or three caricatures and clamping down on return button. UHHG !

what the hell.

As if i have the time to run through and set everything. yes i know tough shit , man up and do it right ? yea whatever lol

Enable developer menu , little tick button in the prefs.

Or just use curl :)

I do get an overall 'feel' that apple is heading toward an end user OS , overall that is. Much less technical and more gui , hell , look at finder, it's almost useless, I do not use it at all anymore.

Ok, I started playing with the debug menu << yet another start to a great topic, kinda like , so this nun walks into a bar....... lol

Anyhow, I clicked ' place answer here' , and I have three GUI gauges on screen,

1. Drawing
  2. CPU
  3. Updates

Iv'e tested a few pages, interesting for sure , but I cannot remember what the hell it was called , so the damn thing is up on the screen lol

Ok, I started playing with the debug menu << yet another start to a great topic, kinda like , so this nun walks into a bar....... lol

Anyhow, I clicked ' place answer here' , and I have three GUI gauges on screen,

1. Drawing

2. CPU

3. Updates

Iv'e tested a few pages, interesting for sure , but I cannot remember what the hell it was called , so the damn thing is up on the screen lol

Nice... I'm going to have to play with that.

The Safari search thing drove me nuts the first day too. Mine works with a static IP address. Hit the clear button, it'll get rid of the http.....then type the IP address in. I only tried my router login IP address though, so I don't know what it'll do with others. I haven't mastered searching yet; don't yet understand it's logic. Sometimes you get a Google search page, sometimes it goes right to the page you want.

The Safari search thing drove me nuts the first day too. Mine works with a static IP address. Hit the clear button, it'll get rid of the http.....then type the IP address in. I only tried my router login IP address though, so I don't know what it'll do with others. I haven't mastered searching yet; don't yet understand it's logic. Sometimes you get a Google search page, sometimes it goes right to the page you want.

My main issue overall, is I feel infiltrated. Less free.

The physical issues starts , while typing a local host.domainname , the browser seems to be looking right past the local dns system. Static IP's are not an issue, I misstated in that message. Should have said hosts on static IP's on a local domain each with their own fdqn.

I'm all for progress in the browser, at the same time, I don't have time to keep up on which general , natural feature , that has been embedded into the browser for 20 year's will simply disappear with an update. With no option to return it, on someone else's whim.

Yeah. That does suck if it oops past the local addresses. For sure you should post feedback. http://www.apple.com...t/feedback.html

There's some very knowledgeable guys in the forums that usually answer back rational technical questions. https://discussions....y/mac_os/safari

There's also 10,000 idiots in there posting - My grandpa messed up my computer. LOL but the tech guys seem to latch on to the real challenges and questions pretty quickly. They like beating the other geeks to the punch. Haha.

I've gotten some good help from some pretty sharp guys in there though.