AT&T Modems

jkandra

I am looking to replace my 2 Wire modem. I searched google for a replacement that is compatible with AT&T but I couldn't find any.

I know that if I buy one that is not of theirs they won't help me with it.

I just want one that is dependable. Because theirs only last a little more than a year. Then the warranty is out. Then you have to buy another one. They want another $100.00. Any suggestions?

I am looking to replace my 2 Wire modem. I searched google for a replacement that is compatible with AT&T but I couldn't find any.

I know that if I buy one that is not of theirs they won't help me with it.

I just want one that is dependable. Because theirs only last a little more than a year. Then the warranty is out. Then you have to buy another one. They want another $100.00. Any suggestions?

Check out the Netgear DSL Gateway Model 7550 ($100 from AT&T right now)

ADSL Device configured for AT&T DSL services
LAN Interface: (4) Ethernet 10/100BASE-T (RJ-45) with auto-crossover and a high-powered 802.11n Wireless Access Point
WAN Interface: ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+ (RJ-11)
[/CODE] Or if you already have a 802.11n wireless network and just want the modem you can save $25 and get the Netgear DSL Modem Model 6200
[CODE]
ADSL Device configured for AT&T DSL services
LAN Interface: Single port Ethernet 10/100BASE-T (RJ-45) with auto-crossover.
WAN Interface: ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+ (RJ-11)

... they shouldn't die every year. Try a different brand this time, hopefully that helps. Also, the manufacturer may have a longer warranty ... you just might have to mail it to them. Buy a new one, so you have service, exchange the old one under the manufacturers warranty ... then sell it on ebay or Craig's list when it comes in the mail. :-P

Thanks CA3LE for your reply.

I just bought a Netgear 300n modem/router from Walmart. I will write down the other two Netgear type you suggested. I did run into some issues registering it. It was registered to someone else. Got that fixed.

Thanks again.

So did someone buy it, return it and Walmart resold it to you? I hope that they told you it was an open box item and discounted it. If not, shame on Walmart. :nono:

How do you like it?