Howdy (...feeling like a nitwit - sorry jopol0!)

ArkhmAsylm

:wave: doesn't look like you hijacked it at all...looks like you were greeting hime with a BIG "howdy"...nothing wrong with that...

and here at testmy nobody should ever feel like a nit wit...so you're all good :-)

welcome...have fun here...help where you can and ask ANYTHING you need help with

howdy Ark , as a Brit I claim the right to the nitwit title , well we had run out of Dukedoms , so I had to settle for Nitwit ,(lol)

but can I ask why is Minnesota called the twin cities , ?

is it like Budapest in hungary , it has a river running through the center , one side is Buda others side is Pest

so Minnesota would be Minne & Sota ? , do I win the star prize ?

BTW admin , Roco is still owed $100 Testmy .Net bucks from years back , I think your tresurer ( Shugs ? ) did a runner with the cash box ,

the twin cities are minneapolis / st paul (minnesota)...and they are called twin cities because they were originally built very close together and over time they grew to overlap one another...they are a metropolis...

there are other twin cities, tri cities and quad cities around the country...but that's the one i think he's speaking of

Hi Ark. I've been to the Twin Cities area. It's a nice area. Actually I stayed in Eagan and got to see the Mall of America when it was only about a year old. That trip cost me a car. The day before going there my wife told me she thought if we got a second car for her (she was driving our company leased car > 15K miles per year) we could save $$$ on the end of lease fees and wear and tear by getting her a Miata to drive during the summer months. I did some calculating and told her yeah, it would only cost us an extra $100 a month or so to get it, even though the payment was about 3x that. We didn't talk about it any more or decide one way or the other. When I called her from Eagan two days later, she said "well I got the Miata".

howdy Ark , as a Brit I claim the right to the nitwit title , well we had run out of Dukedoms , so I had to settle for Nitwit ,(lol)

but can I ask why is Minnesota called the twin cities , ?

is it like Budapest in hungary , it has a river running through the center , one side is Buda others side is Pest

so Minnesota would be Minne & Sota ? , do I win the star prize ?

BTW admin , Roco is still owed $100 Testmy .Net bucks from years back , I think your tresurer ( Shugs ? ) did a runner with the cash box ,

Well, Biggles, as tdawnaz pointed out, the Twin Cities are the cities of Saint Paul (the capital of the state of Minnesota) and Minneapolis (the big sister, if you will). The cities are seperated by the Mississippi River, so I think that the comparison to Budapest is apt - I'd say that at least earns you a silver star!

Cheers!